Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newegg Service

Default Newegg Service

I've been using Newegg for years and have recommended them for years but has anyone else seen a decline in their service?

I had an issue with a router that took them 4+ months to solve and this weekend I ordered a laptop as a gift for my dad and it was out of stock but they still charged me and whenever I contact them, they tell me that the order will take 1-2 days to process (when I was told that it wouldn't go through). Now they're giving me a refund.

I contacted them for something a few weeks ago too and the rep had no idea what he was talking about. I must say that I'm a little disappointed in them lately.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Huh, no idea. Last time I used them was like 8-10 months ago with no issues at all. Maybe you got the crap end of the stick and got a new guy?

The router issue took 4 months and I spoke to at least 6-7 different people.

And the one I spoke to tonight didn't even look at my account before she started telling me their policy.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    The router issue took 4 months and I spoke to at least 6-7 different people.

And the one I spoke to tonight didn't even look at my account before she started telling me their policy.
    Wow, it sounds like they're taking the "EA Approach" :/ Hope you get it figured, man.

I can't say I've noticed one way or the other. Haven't really had any issues with stuff I got from them lately so I can't really say. I order stuff and they send it to me within like 2 days free shipping. No offense but I really hope you just had a string of really bad luck. Good tech supply is hard to come by these days.

Only incident I ever had with them was maybe 6 years ago. They had a CPU listed as being supported by a motherboard. I ordered. It was a 3.0 dual core (back when dual core was awesome!) and it turned out it was not supported by that motherboard. Manufacturer also had the same error on their site. Manufacturer told me I was an idiot (ASUS) and Newegg sent me a replacement that was compatible. Upgraded me to a 3.4 dual core of the same line that was supported for no additional cost.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

I hope it's just bad luck too because I don't think I'll stop using them and I don't want to end up with more crap service.

Years ago they were ready to give you upgrades and credits and all that stuff, but now they won't really do anything for you. For my 4 month router issue, they only offered a $20 credit on any router worth $50+. I never used it.

But when I made an order with them years ago, I bought some Corsair RAM (2x2gb) and one was DOA. When I told them, they sent me a replacement before I sent mine back with a $25 credit for the inconvenience. That's when I fell in love with them. I still have the RMA info in my account.

I've used them for all my PC parts so far. I never had an issue with them, but then again I never had an issue with any of the parts. I've always received everything as listed as well as on time. I never had to deal with any customer services.

I absolutely will not use them anymore. I too have noticed a huge decline in customer service. We've ordered many a thing from them with no issues until recently. Hubby and I wanted to order.... I *believe* it was PSU's from them. They had a sale going on that included $30 rebates, which was pretty sweet. So the sale ended on a Sunday or something. We go to order them Saturday and the deal has disappeared. We were confused as to what happened so we contacted customer service. They claimed that the deal had already ended. We still had the email that said otherwise. So when we told them that, they then claimed that they had "run out" of the item. Well, we pointed out that that was also a lie because their site specifically said that they had the item in stock. So again, when that didn't work they claimed the email for the sale stated that they only had a limited number of items for that sale and that when they hit the number and pulled the sale. Again a blatant lie which we knew only because we still had the email. The guy doesn't believe us and actually has us fwd him the email. He reads it. "Oh." And then tells us that they STILL aren't giving us the deal and that they'll credit us $30 towards our NEXT purchase. Not $60 like we would have gotten getting 2 PSU's, but $30. We said no just based on the fact that it's the freaking principle of the matter. They had a sale and pulled it with no explanations and absolutely would not budge. I know they could see our account and the THOUSANDS we've spent there in the past few years. Not only that, but the hundreds of $ of stuff sitting our cart we were planning on purchasing in the future and they wouldn't honor their deal that would have cost them a whopping $60. If they are going to treat their customers that way, I won't be shopping there again.
    Last edited by Mizel; 07-05-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Not sure about your issue Mizel, but I believe the rebates come from the actual company you're ordering from. Like if you buy a Graphic card from XFX. The rebate comes from XFX not from Newegg, Newegg isn't the one that sends the money out.

Oh, the company most definitely is the one that sends the rebate and not Newegg. Which is kind of what pisses me off and confuses me most about the whole issue. I mean Newegg wasn't even the one that would be losing money on the purchase and they still wouldn't honor the deal. If the PSU company pulled back the offer (which I doubt, but you never know), then they could have just said that instead of pulling whatever excuse they could out of their asses. *shrugs* It just really bothered me the most how they kept lying about it and how I kept catching them. :/

Thread Information