Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newegg Service

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I absolutely will not use them anymore. I too have noticed a huge decline in customer service. We've ordered many a thing from them with no issues until recently. Hubby and I wanted to order.... I *believe* it was PSU's from them. They had a sale going on that included $30 rebates, which was pretty sweet. So the sale ended on a Sunday or something. We go to order them Saturday and the deal has disappeared. We were confused as to what happened so we contacted customer service. They claimed that the deal had already ended. We still had the email that said otherwise. So when we told them that, they then claimed that they had "run out" of the item. Well, we pointed out that that was also a lie because their site specifically said that they had the item in stock. So again, when that didn't work they claimed the email for the sale stated that they only had a limited number of items for that sale and that when they hit the number and pulled the sale. Again a blatant lie which we knew only because we still had the email. The guy doesn't believe us and actually has us fwd him the email. He reads it. "Oh." And then tells us that they STILL aren't giving us the deal and that they'll credit us $30 towards our NEXT purchase. Not $60 like we would have gotten getting 2 PSU's, but $30. We said no just based on the fact that it's the freaking principle of the matter. They had a sale and pulled it with no explanations and absolutely would not budge. I know they could see our account and the THOUSANDS we've spent there in the past few years. Not only that, but the hundreds of $ of stuff sitting our cart we were planning on purchasing in the future and they wouldn't honor their deal that would have cost them a whopping $60. If they are going to treat their customers that way, I won't be shopping there again.
    I received an email from them a few hours ago with a $25 credit, which isn't that great because I would have gotten a $25 credit based on a promotion they were running plus the laptop was about $80 off. But this was after I wrote a long complaint to them.

It's sad really. But I'll still use them for things because no one else can compete with them when it comes to pricing and quality of products (when they actually come), it's just customer service that seems to be going down the drain.

My last issue was this past weekend too, I think we were looking at the same promotion, different items.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Oh, the company most definitely is the one that sends the rebate and not Newegg. Which is kind of what pisses me off and confuses me most about the whole issue. I mean Newegg wasn't even the one that would be losing money on the purchase and they still wouldn't honor the deal. If the PSU company pulled back the offer (which I doubt, but you never know), then they could have just said that instead of pulling whatever excuse they could out of their asses. *shrugs* It just really bothered me the most how they kept lying about it and how I kept catching them. :/
    I think that they just got too big and hired a lot more people. Bigger companies tend to have reps that care less because there are so many. Years ago whenever I emailed or started a chat with them, I'd notice similar names every now and then, but now, it's all different whether it's by email, phone, or chat.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    I received an email from them a few hours ago with a $25 credit, which isn't that great because I would have gotten a $25 credit based on a promotion they were running plus the laptop was about $80 off. But this was after I wrote a long complaint to them.

It's sad really. But I'll still use them for things because no one else can compete with them when it comes to pricing and quality of products (when they actually come), it's just customer service that seems to be going down the drain.

My last issue was this past weekend too, I think we were looking at the same promotion, different items.

Honestly, I'd have to agree. Odds are that even though I'm pissed now I'll use them again in the future just because they do occasionally have really good deals that can't be beat. But at this point I'll still attempt to use Tiger Direct or another option first.

Have you ever heard of MicroCenter? They are a small computer store with AMAZING deals. You can only get the deals in store, but there are quite a few of them around here (PA, NJ, NY).

Never heard of them. Just googled them, they have locations in Long Island. Might go there one day and check it out. Thanks.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thread Information