Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gamers-Forum needs people (How-to)

A solution to your problem!

Hello fellow gamers. It has been a while, that is for sure. I have been quite busy as of late, and have been lacking time to see you guys. Today I was sitting here, and realized I have been a member for over two years. I don't know about you, but for me that is quite a while. I have seen ups, and I have seen downs. What I have not seen is such a small group get even smaller, and that worries me. So. I come to you, Linux with an Idea. As you know we have a beautiful Minecraft server of our own, but for what... It goes to waste, being white-listed for only GF members. So, why don't we make the mods of the forums moderators of the Server, add anti grief, and other fun plugins, and then get rid of the whitelist. This would give something for everyone to do who joins the forum, instead of having to post on a topic, and wait a long time. My next suggestion would be advertise the server on various MC server sites. This would give it some attention, and get us more MC players. In order for this to be fully successful the spawn should have a link to the Forum, and we should have a daily message linking members to the forum in which they can speak with other gamers about Minecraft, or other games. If Forum mods are to busy to moderate the server, give me a moderator position (Only for the Minecraft server, nothing else) I have been a mod for other Minecraft servers, and know what I am doing.

Shameless double post because I feel not many saw it.
    Last edited by Trunks; 09-17-2013 at 01:45 AM.

That could help, however it probably needs quite some time to work out.

(what is it with me, I had to change the text four times due to spelling errors :/)

I wasn't aware that we still have a minecraft server, who is currently hosting/paying for it?

Anyway, sounds like a great idea, getting more players onto the server could easily give the forum some activity. Getting a few people to join and post regularly on the forum could be just the jump of activity we need to get some people to flow in; so I second this.

The minecraft server that was on the GF Servers page is no longer running, it was completely dead It's been gone for months actually, along with the TS server.

I could get another if that's what you believe will help.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Linux. I honestly believe at this point it is our biggest hope to an active community. Minecraft servers have been a big thing for a few years, and with one of our own we may pick up that little more. If you need any, and I mean any help at all with plugin help, building, or anything. I will try my hardest to be as useful as possible. Hell if you are lucky I may even be able to get a build team to make a beautiful spawn. I can also make the banners for the vote sites, and on one site you can advertise, if we can make a banner for that, I may pay for a days add space.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    The minecraft server that was on the GF Servers page is no longer running, it was completely dead It's been gone for months actually, along with the TS server.

I could get another if that's what you believe will help.
    Yeah that's probably the biggest issue, getting enough of us in there too run. I doubt 2 or 3 people playing a couple hours a day will get the server populated.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Yeah that's probably the biggest issue, getting enough of us in there too run. I doubt 2 or 3 people playing a couple hours a day will get the server populated.
    No, but free sites that show off Mineraft servers will. I don't see any harm in trying. What do we have to lose?

Ok, I will try to get us another server soon.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Great! I look forward to the possibilities.

Eggs!!

Awesome idea. It would be nice to get a server running. I'm sure it'd bring in quite a bit of traffic. It's not hard to run banners every X minutes through the chat in game either advertising the site. I like your idea young feller.

Thread Information