Default Nivdia Drivers Issue

I've been having issues with my Nvidia GTX 560ti lately and I'm pretty upset about it. Ever since version 314 and sooner Nvidia has been having issues that seem to be driver related. My computer will randomly freeze for 10 seconds or so and a message will pop up and say "Nvidia display drivers have failed, but recovered." If this happens in game it crashes my game, sometime it will blue screen my PC. Other times it will freeze for almost 2 minutes before it unfreezes. I've tried almost every solution I could find on the internet including Nvidia forums and nothing has worked nor has it for a lot of the other people. The solutions seem to be hit and miss for people.

I'm just curious if anyone else has a newer card and has this issue. It seems to only be happening in the 400 series and newer. It's been happening since 314 drivers which are four months old. I'd be okay with returning to those drivers, but BF4 is coming out in a few days and I'm sure it's not going to run very well if at all on the 314 drivers. So is anyone else running with a Nvidia card and have had these issues and fixed it?

Can you go out to their website and re-download the last driver version? Uninstall your graphics card and then install the old driver. Avoid update till a fix gets release? Might work.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Yeah, I tried reinstalling drivers, that was the first thing I did lol. still having isssues. and Like I said, I could go back to the 314.xx version it works fine, which is what I did for the past 4 months, but BF4 is coming out in 4 days and it's going to need up to date drivers to run smoothly. When I played the BF4 beta, I was getting artifacts. So I updated to the newest drivers, artifacts went away, but now the crashing problem is the issue.

I found a few articles saying that 326.80 beta were working for them. Findings are telling me everything after 314.22 has been garbage and 326.80 is the first sign of decent drivers since. Unfortunately most of them are also using 580ti or higher. Might be worth a shot.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

I feel like you're not reading what I'm saying about needing up to date drivers lol, you told me to use an older driver twice now and in my original post I said I have to have updated drivers. I was aware that around 314 was where it all started and 331.58 is the newest drivers, and I need the newer drivers to be able to play BF4, so downloading an older driver is not an option at all. The 331.58 driver actually has updates just for increased performance in BF4.

From what I read, all the problems are coming from the drivers for the Game Streaming feature that Nivida has products have. But it's dumb because the streaming isn't even supported on any cards older than the 650's. But the drivers for the 400's and up are all the same. So if the lazy douche bags at Nvidia would make a separate driver and take out the streaming stuff or just make it an option, I wouldn't even have any issues. I mean honestly, how many people are going to use the new streaming feature, probably less than 1% of the Nvidia card owners.

I think I fixed it though, for now anyway. I did a list of like 10 things that have worked for other people, seems like the fix is random for every person. Been almost 2 days since I had a freeze, hoping I'm good. Definitely not buying any more Nvidia prouducts, this kind of Driver error for 4 months is horrible. As much as I hate to switch to ATI probably going to. Might as well switch to AMD too.
    Last edited by Trunks; 10-26-2013 at 03:01 AM.

I switched to ATI when I built my PC about a year and a half ago. I had tons of driver update issues with my Nvidia. Right now, I moved my old nvidia card to one of my home servers and I haven't updated it in years, always had issues with it starting from Bfbc2. And I had similar problem to yours. Game crashes or it was so bad that the computer crashed.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I feel like you're not reading what I'm saying about needing up to date drivers lol, you told me to use an older driver twice now and in my original post I said I have to have updated drivers. I was aware that around 314 was where it all started and 331.58 is the newest drivers, and I need the newer drivers to be able to play BF4, so downloading an older driver is not an option at all. The 331.58 driver actually has updates just for increased performance in BF4.

From what I read, all the problems are coming from the drivers for the Game Streaming feature that Nivida has products have. But it's dumb because the streaming isn't even supported on any cards older than the 650's. But the drivers for the 400's and up are all the same. So if the lazy douche bags at Nvidia would make a separate driver and take out the streaming stuff or just make it an option, I wouldn't even have any issues. I mean honestly, how many people are going to use the new streaming feature, probably less than 1% of the Nvidia card owners.

I think I fixed it though, for now anyway. I did a list of like 10 things that have worked for other people, seems like the fix is random for every person. Been almost 2 days since I had a freeze, hoping I'm good. Definitely not buying any more Nvidia prouducts, this kind of Driver error for 4 months is horrible. As much as I hate to switch to ATI probably going to. Might as well switch to AMD too.
    Sorry, I was figuring the 326.80 were the newest. My thoughts were you had something prior as the newest stable and 326.80 were the next ones coming but were still in beta. I didn't realize there was newer.

I have a Radeon made by Sapphire. Works like a charm but there is a goofy fix I have to do at install as well. A change related to 3d graphics. Seems to only cause problems in League of Legends though.

THANKS!

I use to have Radeon, used it for a long time. This is my first Nvidia card, I always wanted one, they have always had the faster cards, especially with the physx technology. Sadly, I've had to deal with there crappy drivers. I think I fixed it though, I've had no issues.

I think what did it was turning off Hardware Acceleration in firefox. I've noticed it only crashed while my browser was up.

The good news is, with the new updated drivers for BF4, my fps doubled. I was in need of a new card, but now I think i'll wait another year, running everything on Ultra and getting 60fps

Thread Information