Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fallout 3

3 50.00%
  • Fallout : New Vegas

3 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fallout: New Vegas

Hey, Here's my 2nd review (open to criticism) and ill be doing it of Fallout: New Vegas. I know there is already one but because its such a good game to me I'd like to do my version so here we go.

Fallout: New Vegas

Overview

Fallout: New Vegas which ill be calling fallout is a FPS/3rd person action rolelaying game that was created Obsidian studios and was published by Bethesda and was released on the 19 of Octobor in 2010. The games is big on role playing with quests and sub quests and even joinable guilds.

Story

The game has a awesome main storyline which (I will try not to include any spoilers but beware) revolves around the courier who was delivering a package which contained "the Platinum chip" which is worth alot of money when ambushed by Benny and left for dead. Your found by a robot from New Vegas named victor and he takes you to doc Mitchell in Good springs and that where your adventure begins. The game incorporates player desicions you literally can choose most of everything you do I recently replayed the gamed and still am replaying for example I was in the rep-conn test site and I had the choice to help the group of ghouls upstairs or befriending the nightkin and kill the ghouls. in the basement. As the story goes on you you find Benny at the tops hotel Ill stop here.

Gameplay

Obsidian Entertainment presents new features and improvements in Fallout that are similar to the foundation of Fallout 3. For example, the original Fallout 3 version of the Gamebryo engine was redone to support the extra lights and effects of the New Vegas strip. The game's combat is centered around the "Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System" feature, or "V.A.T.S.". There are even more things they improved,Use of certain melee weapons trigger unique animations, a weapon modification system, a better over-the-shoulder view for third-person combat and the ability to use the iron sights on almost all guns except several larger weapons that are shot from the hip, and crafting and the workbench where improved the game also included a lot more factions which fallout 3 lacked, plus so much more

Companions

Companion behavior and tasks are controlled using the new "companion wheel", removing the need to enter conversation to give commands. The new companion wheel offers command execution by selecting commands that are presented in a radial menu. Game director Josh Sawyer has stated that the companion wheel offers ease of companion interaction. Examples of companion commands include setting and changing combat tactics, default behavior towards foes and usage frequency of available resources. The player can have one humanoid and one non-humanoid companion at the same time, and receives a unique perk, or unique advantage, per companion. These companions can be upgraded if the player completes a special quest related to the companion.

My Thoughts
    This game to me is easily number 3 out of my top games and I would recommend it to anyone, it's just the dang glitches and bugs there are so many.

9.2/10
    Last edited by Imperial_Kade; 12-09-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

I enjoyed this game a lot. I've played through it about 3 or 4 times but I have to say the main story wasn't as good as the story in Fallout 3. But the use of iron sights and all the new guns and the ability to modify the guns is amazing which in itself makes the game a little more enjoyable than Fallout 3.

Shout out to Eggs for the awesome signature

I really liked Fallout New Vegas. I feel it had a lot more potential though.
    There I always felt there was no "Megaton" in New Vegas, and I think if it had a home-base-kind-of-town, it would have been a lot better.
    I like you're review though!
    Last edited by Samus-Fan; 12-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

Default Guess your glad I sold u the game?

And I'm doing a review on skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by xLykos View Post
    I enjoyed this game a lot. I've played through it about 3 or 4 times but I have to say the main story wasn't as good as the story in Fallout 3. But the use of iron sights and all the new guns and the ability to modify the guns is amazing which in itself makes the game a little more enjoyable than Fallout 3.
    I totally agree.

Speaking of... this thread reminds me that I've started and played most of the way through these and never finished either (like so many other games). I think it's time to fix that :P

I'm so bad with completing BAD

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Kade View Post
    I'm so bad with completing BAD
    Ugh, me too. Honestly, it's partially due to the fact that I don't like endings of any kind. Not in life, not on TV, not in games. If I love a game, I hate to finish it because then.... it's over. I'm trying to get over that, though :/

Same. But fallout 4 has been leaked by ign!!!

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Kade View Post
    Same. But fallout 4 has been leaked by ign!!!
    That was such an emotional rollercoaster!! First that leaked timer that got everyone's hopes up. Then them confirming it was just fake. And then just late yesterday them confirming leaked documents that actually do "confirm" a Fallout 4.

As much as I like seeing sequels for games I enjoy come out... I feel like the whole sequel thing is becoming way too overdone, way too often now. It seems like every single game now has a minimum of 3 sequels. At this point, I'd almost rather see them putting effort into developing NEW games rather than push out a not-so-great sequel every single year :/

Your kinda right as much as I would like a new fallout I would also like a brand new game!

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Thread Information