Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    I'm planning on upgrading the forum to the latest vB 4, I just have to find some time to do it, unfortunately I need to put several days aside to do it because of all the cleanup that needs to be done, but to avoid that I actually contacted a few design companies already to see if we can get a custom layout for the site.

I do plan on bringing this forum back to the way it was, just will take some time.
    Nice to see that you are working on it.

Hopefully this place will be more active so its not in vain.

I'll help where I can, what do you need the most help with?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzer View Post
    I'll help where I can, what do you need the most help with?
    Activity, getting people to post more.

I'm still working on the look of the forum, I have to implement some more of the ideas from Bob this coming weekend. (This past weekend was just a lazy weekend for me, I needed it after a bunch of crazy work weeks).
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Okay, if you need any other help LiNuX, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    Gaming memes would help with exposure but I dont think that is a solution because there is just a constant information overload online. If we try to appeal to something like game humor with images we have way to much competition.

I wont discourage you from an an attempt at that, but I cant really see any benefit in making it a focus on the forum.

On the other hand good conversation with others on a wide range of topics, is not something a facebook group can fulfill. Do you know how often I see people with similar interests on a facebook group but actually know nothing about them other than that they are in that group? And how awkward would it be if I tried to ask complete strangers like the guys on the mass effect facebook page if they have read any good books? It would probably be removed as spam.

Here I get to ask you if you like any good books and then can compare them to your other interests. Or anime, or games or just about anything. And if you answer twilight and then recommend the movies Im going to laugh at you, but at least I understand you liked the books and that's why you watched the movies.

Even if Twilight is a terrible example you get the idea. Forums are a much broader medium for what is essentially conversation. Not status updates.
    No, I agree with what you're saying, but unfortunately a lot of people are simply content to have Facebook groups and such. I'm not saying we should make memes a focus, but it might be a way to get the attention of a few new people.

I say we actually get some moderators to play with us so we can video the gameplay and get GF on YouTube!!!!!
    A Youtube channel might actually be a really good idea. If we could get some people to do some lets play type things, a la gamegrumps, it might go over well. It could also potentially distract from the forum though, which isn't what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post

A Youtube channel might actually be a really good idea. If we could get some people to do some lets play type things, a la gamegrumps, it might go over well. It could also potentially distract from the forum though, which isn't what we want.
    Another place Im a member in have weekly game nights, all of them are recorded and uploaded by certain members. From what I can see it has worked as lots of new guys come and stay due to the videos.

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    Another place Im a member in have weekly game nights, all of them are recorded and uploaded by certain members. From what I can see it has worked as lots of new guys come and stay due to the videos.
    I think this is definitely something worth looking into. We could also do video reviews, if people have the proper equipment to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    I think this is definitely something worth looking into. We could also do video reviews, if people have the proper equipment to do so.
    I'd be up for this in the upcoming weeks. Just got my tax return so I see a new graphics card in my future. Plus, there's the Shadowplay feature of Nvidia's cards which is pretty usefull for those with the GTX650 and higher. Easy to record, only takes 3-5FPS off your game, and rips audio from your microphone.

Group game nights and Let's Plays would be fun to do as well. GF-Tube sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    I'd be up for this in the upcoming weeks. Just got my tax return so I see a new graphics card in my future. Plus, there's the Shadowplay feature of Nvidia's cards which is pretty usefull for those with the GTX650 and higher. Easy to record, only takes 3-5FPS off your game, and rips audio from your microphone.

Group game nights and Let's Plays would be fun to do as well. GF-Tube sounds like a great idea.
    The problem is that we are in different time zones so its hard to make sure as many as possible can join(I know we have had that problem before).

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    The problem is that we are in different time zones so its hard to make sure as many as possible can join(I know we have had that problem before).
    Of course, not every member would be able to join every session, but if I recall there was always a peak time of activity on the IRC channel. That would probably be a good time to do one.

Thread Information