Thread: Fedora Users

Default Fedora Users

Anyone on here a Fedora user? I'm planning to load it on one of my computers soon, probably after the new release in a few days. Any suggestions for good apps and whatnot? I'm pretty familiar with ubuntu so I'm not new to linux. Just changing flavors. Also interested in what sort of gaming success has been had on Fedora.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

I've used fedora on 1 of my crap computers but due to on-board video card errors (which made a screen of colorful oblique lines every 5 min. forcing me to reboot my pc) I wasn't able to use it to its fullest extent and I couldn't even download apps off the interwebs because of a security key missing that I couldn't fix because when I tried to update my whole system I was unsuccessful because my screen would go into a state of a bunch of colorful oblique line!!!!!! So keep me posted on wasn't happened and and how it works mine sure didn't!
    Last edited by Imperial_Kade; 12-12-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

I have a fedora machine at home and at work. But I don't do any gaming on either, I've run game servers on the one at home (CS and L4D), and the one at work, I use as a web server to publish work related stuff.

I don't really do too much else with any of my Linux machines besides use them as servers. But stuff I have installed include Gimp, WINE (excellent tool), and a windows virtual machine (On my machine at work).

And more and more things are coming out with Linux support which is good.

Glad to hear you're trying it out.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    I have a fedora machine at home and at work. But I don't do any gaming on either, I've run game servers on the one at home (CS and L4D), and the one at work, I use as a web server to publish work related stuff.

I don't really do too much else with any of my Linux machines besides use them as servers. But stuff I have installed include Gimp, WINE (excellent tool), and a windows virtual machine (On my machine at work).

And more and more things are coming out with Linux support which is good.

Glad to hear you're trying it out.
    Yea, I'm bored with Ubuntu so I figure it's time to try a new flavor. I've done a lot with ubuntu but with each update I find I like it a little less and less.

@Kade
    I'll let you know if I have any success. On Ubuntu I had pretty much all of my games working except league of legends would have to be re modded every time they did an update and I got sick of it. Fedora 20 turns up in 5 days so I'll probably spend a lot of time on this during my time off from work over christmas.

My goals are-
    *Games
    Steam games (long list) working.
    League of Legends
    Neverwinter Online
    Anarchy Online

*Applications
    Media Server (similar to TVersity on windows)

Bunch of other stuff but anything else is easy stuff.
    Last edited by Ziek88; 12-12-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Reminds me, I actually ran League of Legends on my home machine a while ago, runs just fine with WINE. Have not tried any steam games though but I know people who have (on Linux in general, not specifically fedora).
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

Is it running with Wine again? There was a period there where it wasn't. Last time I did that though was right around the last preseason patch so the crashes may have not been linux related haha.

THANKS!

I ran it win wine, but it was almost 2 years ago.

When that new update fedora 20 is it? comes out Ill be getting a copy ill post what happens!

And what is WINE if I may ask?
    Last edited by Imperial_Kade; 12-12-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Kade View Post
    When that new update fedora 20 is it? comes out Ill be getting a copy ill post what happens!

And what is WINE if I may ask?
    It lets you run windows apps on Linux (and other OS): WineHQ - Run Windows applications on Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS X

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    It lets you run windows apps on Linux (and other OS): WineHQ - Run Windows applications on Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS X
    My favorite way to describe win.

Basically, windows apps are strict and don't like OS mixing so Linux uses wine to get them a little tipsy so they loosen up a bit. Linux is a player.

THANKS!

Thread Information