Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    I don't know what the fuss was about. But then again, I'm not North Korean so maybe that's why I don't see a big deal.

I liked the movie, maybe because I went in with low expectations, but it did make me laugh a few times. Other than that, it's just stupid funny. And I think they made a lot more money off this thing because they made a big fuss, otherwise, I don't see the movie doing that well in theaters.
    The whole fuss was that North Korea took the fact that they're trying to kill Kim Jong Un as an act of war against them, and made all sorts of threats against the states. Then, some threats were made against any theaters that showed the film, and Sony's networks got hacked. Sony stated that any theaters that didn't want to show it didn't have to, and so many pulled out that Sony didn't see the point in releasing it anymore and cancelled it. The only reason people cared about it was that they thought North Korea was controlling what we can and cannot watch. Eventually, North Korea said that they weren't the ones doing the hacking and threatening theaters, and even offered to help figure out who it was to clear their name. I guess Sony decided that this was good enough and released it in a few places. My story could be off a bit, but that's more or less how it went down.

Anyways, I watched it last night. It was entertaining, much better than I expected it to be, but it wasn't anything special.

Thread Information