Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Are you from the US? And if you are, dafuq are they teaching you kids in history class these days?? Lol

If you are, this country was absolutely not founded on Christianity (or ANY specific religion). Our founding fathers left Europe because of religious persecution. Meaning that those running the country believed that there was one true religion and that everyone should be forced to believe it. Obviously, this upset people who did not agree with the “uniformity of religion must exist in any given society” mindset, and they decided to gtfo and start their own society with hookers and blackjack. Okay, not really. They wanted to start their own society where people were free to worship any god they chose, in any way they wanted. To top it off, many of the founding fathers were not even Christians themselves, but were in fact Deists. They believed in some sort of “god,” but it was not the “God” from the Bible.

So, our founding fathers absolutely did not found this nation based on any one religion (Christianity), but in fact founded it with the exact opposite idea: freedom of religion. Notice how when our founding fathers wrote the Constitution, they mentioned nothing of the nation being a Christian nation. But, they DID write:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Which says that everyone is free to worship whatever religion they believe. Furthermore, they then went on to establish the separation of church from state, which says that in no way should religion interfere with government (which is why gay marriage should in fact be legal).

On top of all of those things, the 1796 Treaty with Tripoli was written under the presidency of George Washington (one of our Founding Fathers himself) and signed under the presidency of yet another Founding Father, John Adams, and states that:

“As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

So not only was this country not founded on any ONE religion, but our Founding Fathers explicitly state that this country is in no way founded on the Christian religion as well.

Yay for History lessons! :P

I'm in history class lol

Well you can show me all the info it won't change my beliefs.You do make a good point but I'm 14 and your almost 30 I would think you know more than me but I believe my religion.

What religion are you?
    Last edited by Imperial_Kade; 01-16-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Kade View Post
    Well you can show me all the info it won't change my beliefs.

What religion are you?
    Well if you refuse to believe anything besides what you already believe, despite proof and/or information being presented... and also have no legitimate counterarguments or points... then a debate thread is probably something you'll want to avoid.

Whichever religion I may follow is not at all relevant.

That's in just religion, religion is a very sensitive subject you want even tell your religion and your wondering why I won't change my beliefs?

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Kade View Post
    That's in just religion, religion is a very sensitive subject you want even tell your religion and your wondering why I won't change my beliefs?
    Because my religion shouldn't have anything to do with you changing your beliefs in this discussion. The things that should change your beliefs in this discussion are the points made and factual information that is presented. My religion doesn't change the information and facts that I've provided, no one's does.

A debate is about presenting facts and information, not what religion you are. It's not like a debate goes...

Person A: I believe that global warming is happening because of reason X.
    Person B: But if you look at reason Y, you'll see that blah blah blah
    Person A: Well I'm Catholic.
    Person B: OH! That changes everything! My beliefs have suddenly changed and now I believe in reason Y too!

I believe in sweet baby Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxgilbert10 View Post
    I believe in sweet baby Jesus!
    Beer is my religion too!

I just found my beer!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxgilbert10 View Post
    I just found my beer!!! Lol
    Only 7 more years

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

I think I'll start early

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Jk. S

Thread Information