Default This is Bob bashing on aliens

(Disclaimer, this is my reaction to the new aliens reveal)

Alien Isolation Revealed on PS4! Brand New PlayStation 4 Gameplay - YouTube

This game has so much potential that will never be realized. The aliens franchise is a brand name whore in the video game industry and has only produced 2 good games out of 38 attempts with 4 cancelled titles. If you include predator games from the franchise you get a much higher number.

So no I dont expect good things from this game. This game will suck, that would be opinion but let me give you proof:

It has already been stated in the movie Aliens that Amanda Ripley-McClaren (ripleys daughter) died on earth while the Weyland-Yutani Corporation had never encountered a Xenomorph.

Sega now presents to you, the story of Amanda Ripley-McMaren encountering an alien.

You dont take facts clearly stated in a major motion picture and then make such a huge contradiction and pass it off as cannon. Well not unless you worship the allmighty dollar and think a lara croft style character will sell better.

SEGA: "Lets ask ourselves, is our target audience willing to let us **** all over the aliens franchise and make ****ty games? Hahahaha, is that a real question?"

Will this game be an open environment survival horror where you are stalked by an intelligent deadly enemy? I abso****inglutly doubt it, this will be the cheapest and fastest on rails linear story line with "stings" and set pieces along a fenced in one way path because its cheaper and they want your money and think your stupid.

The only thing that surprises them anymore is that people that stupid actually have money to hand them.
    Last edited by BobTD; 01-08-2014 at 07:23 AM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

While its not the first time official story is changed or similar in spin offs or similar(even though I agree that using Ripleys daugher is just cheap).

While colonial marines was a massive "**** you" from the creators I still hope some day a game that finally understand why alien is so popular. This is the first game that seems to go away from the "hoorah military style" and more to survival, however like you Im to afraid that they will screw us yet again.

I will do what I usually do when questionable games are released, remain neutral until they are released and reviewed, that way you can be more than midly dissapointed.

Signing off.

This just seems like an Amnesia game, but basted around Aliens. I don't know a whole lot about the alien franchise, I watched the original, but I couldn't tell you anything about it other than I enjoyed it. So while watching the video I thought it looked interesting, though if I was more into the alien franchise I'm sure I'd be frustrated too since it's not technically going to be cannon. All well, not like I could get the game, I don't have a ps4.

The only thing i didn't like about those clips of the game was the lighting in the room it wasn't as dark and when there's light to ME it eases the mood

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

A real survival horror needs to be made. There is potential here that is not being tapped into. If you had a non linear story inside a large enough area you could create a threat that actually hunts you based on proximity to sound, remembers paths, and (because this alien will be a larger bulkier variety) cant fit through some locations giving you time to move and hide.

Imagine if this game pitted you against an enemy with survival elements like that, but made it intense by having the alien capable of searching and wrecking a hiding spot each time fled from it. What if you didnt have more lives, what if you could save at any point but had to finish the game in one run.

You could include super rare items that can be used to fight off the alien or distract it, but after one use it learns and catches on. You could also have other characters non essential to the storyline moving throughout the levels hiding and possibly making noise to draw the alien. And setting off your motion detector. Or getting discovered when you trigger the aliens chase mode and it wrecks a hiding spot.

These are the things that should make up a true survival horror, not the linear paths and pre defined action pieces this will become.
    Last edited by BobTD; 01-13-2014 at 05:42 PM.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    A real survival horror needs to be made. There is potential here that is not being tapped into. If you had a non linear story inside a large enough area you could create a threat that actually hunts you based on proximity to sound, remembers paths, and (because this alien will be a larger bulkier variety) cant fit through some locations giving you time to move and hide.

Imagine if this game pitted you against an enemy with survival elements like that, but made it intense by having the alien capable of searching and wrecking a hiding spot each time fled from it. What if you didnt have more lives, what if you could save at any point but had to finish the game in one run.

You could include super rare items that can be used to fight off the alien or distract it, but after one use it learns and catches on. You could also have other characters non essential to the storyline moving throughout the levels hiding and possibly making noise to draw the alien. And setting off your motion detector. Or getting discovered when you trigger the aliens chase mode and it wrecks a hiding spot.

These are the things that should make up a true survival horror, not the linear paths and pre defined action pieces this will become.
    From a small gameplay video I can say this game will be rather similar to amnesia, you are alone with no weapons solving smaller puzzles while jump from predetermed parts.

The most interesting part of the video showed how the player was stuck in a big room with the massive alien, you had to remain hidden behind objects and stuff. Sadly it was a commentor video so it didnt get any scary.

Thread Information