Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Razers new modular pc project

I dont know if you have heard about this guys but Razer is working on a new thing called "project christine"

Its a fully modular computer that is meant to be easy to use and to swithc parts in.

Its like a big hub where you just put in the modules you want.

Concept Project Christine

Earlier today I also heard they are thinking on some kind of subscribtion service, aka you pay for the pc per month and they make sure that the pc is top notch. Whenever a newer part is available you get it and replace the older one.

I personally think its a great and modern idea, if they manage to do it right. The only thing Im worried about is if they will be able to get the hardware companies behind them. And then we got what I fear the most, that the cost will be outrageous, razer arent exactly known for being cheap 0.o

(edit, this is still in project phase so things are still able to change, including the design(which I actually like))

So what are your thoughts, personally this is much more interesting than the steam box.
    Last edited by paecmaker; 01-11-2014 at 02:19 AM.

That looks pretty cool.

The subscription service also sounds interesting, I wonder how much It would be.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

its like legos! haha

looks pretty neat though. maybe some people would prefer this? it looks easy

Definitely wouldn't be able to afford it probaly will stick with my good old regular pc

Hmm I bet it will be super outpriced!

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Kade View Post
    Definitely wouldn't be able to afford it probaly will stick with my good old regular pc

Hmm I bet it will be super outpriced!
    Im afraid that you are probably right. :/

It's really not that powerful and it only has 1 fan...ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    That looks pretty cool.

The subscription service also sounds interesting, I wonder how much It would be.
    That's what I'm wondering. Depending on the cost, this could be totally worthwhile. The concept is freaking awesome! I'm really curious to see how this plays out. Definitely going to keep an eye on it

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxgilbert10 View Post
    Actually each module got its own closed liquid cooling system-

I'm going to try an predict the future here.

For the price, I think it's going to be a lot cheaper to rent the Modular PC than trying to keep buying the top of the line parts. Most new CPU's and GPU's are 400 or 500 when they're top of the line. I still think it will be cheaper to buy a normal decent PC, one that will play games on max graphics which is normally what everyone buys. When new top of the line parts come out they're normally way over the performance needed to play a game. You can normally get a part for half the price and still get good FPS in games.

So for people already buying the new parts when they come out I think the modular PC will be a lot cheaper. But for us normal folks who only upgrade a part once every 2 or 3 years, I think it will be more pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxgilbert10 View Post
    C'mon. Razer has been making gaming hardware for over 15 years now. Now they’re developing their own modular computer… Do you really think they’re that stupid? And it’s not really that powerful? Did I miss the specs or something because I don’t think they had any listed anywhere…. The reason for that being that it’s CUSTOMIZABLE. Just like everyyyyyyyy other computer out there. You make it as powerful as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    Actually each module got its own closed liquid cooling system-
    That is genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I'm going to try an predict the future here.

For the price, I think it's going to be a lot cheaper to rent the Modular PC than trying to keep buying the top of the line parts. Most new CPU's and GPU's are 400 or 500 when they're top of the line. I still think it will be cheaper to buy a normal decent PC, one that will play games on max graphics which is normally what everyone buys. When new top of the line parts come out they're normally way over the performance needed to play a game. You can normally get a part for half the price and still get good FPS in games.

So for people already buying the new parts when they come out I think the modular PC will be a lot cheaper. But for us normal folks who only upgrade a part once every 2 or 3 years, I think it will be more pricey.
    I totally agree. When most new pieces of hardware come out, they are hundreds of dollars a pop. To keep up with that, the monthly sub fee for keeping it fully upgraded would have to be insane. I think the concept is freaking amazing, but at the same time I don’t think I’d go for the monthly sub fee service. I’d buy a model that I liked and then just upgrade on my own as I felt like I needed it. I also think that the overall cost no matter what will be higher than a normal PC. Each module having its own liquid cooling system? Definitely going to be more pricey than a normal piece of hardware.

Thread Information