Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DayZ (Standalone)

Hey, welcome to the 1st part of my 3 part review of the Dayz standalone. I'm going to tell my personal expirence of the game as well as some other people's expirences.

First impressions:
    So just got done downloading the game, clicked the desktop icon, didn't even have to download directx or anything went in yes I'm playing in a random server. Ok there's nothing in this house no not this one no no no okay a can spaghetti and a screw driver nice. And it went on me going from house to house finally finding a town and finding a m4 in the too floor of a hospital. Ok have a m4 with no bullets by this time my friend was just getting in and joined my game from sheer 1/1000 luck he spawned in the same town as me wow this was going great thhhhheeeennnn bang bang bang rifle dropped both of us then it got slow we spawned in different places then I went through cherno (big city) and he went to devils castle (ancient castle ruins) he found a airstrip and so did we then got geared up m4 military fatigues, backpacks, tac vests, and ammo due to some miss communication and me reading my map wrong we tried to meet up but I was looking at a different spot on my map while spending hour after hour running my game glitches out had to reboot my computer and lost everything. Fast forward awhile I'm in electro (city) walking and I meet up with these 2 full armored guys almost killed me walking in the door I yelled FRIENDLY FRIENDLY and to my luck he gave me a pistol and sent me on my way only to be shot by a rifle! I played a lot lot lot more than this but nothing really important.

Well dispite bad luck I had a really fun time this game has ALOT OF POTENTIAL and rocket will make this game to its fullest im sure. Would reccomend if your patient.

Other people's experiences:

Below are 12 of the most entertaining reviews I could find. While you're reading them, try to guess whether they're thumbs up or thumbs down

"i ate a rotten kiwi and died"

"Getting shot for beans: the video game"

"Drank disinfectant and died 10/10"

"We're going to find you, and we're going to make you drink Disinfectant."

"This game lets me run around with no pants on . 10/10"

"I licked a battery.... it tasted 'fully charged'"

"Backpack opening simulator 2013"

"Forced a man to eat a rotten Banana and he died 10/10"

"You can give everyone the finger, isn't that awesome?"

"You eat spaghetti a single strand at a time. 11/10"

"I'm thirsty. I'm Hungry. I have this funny taste in my mouth. I feel faint. It's cold. My feet hurt. This music's too loud. I wish I was at home playing videogames."

Last edited by Imperial_Kade; 01-14-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

I see your post and I raise you a webcomic

http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/ca...0113-852ec.png

I've been considering giving this a try. Seems like a game dependent on playing with friends.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziek88 View Post

I've been considering giving this a try. Seems like a game dependent on playing with friends.
    That's funny and to me it's worth the money you just have to wait until its better and yes with friends it's awesome you really need the cherno map

Map/chernarus - DayZ Wiki

How I find where I am is I follow the railroad track and thier will be a a little booth that you cannot enter there is a sign and it tells you the Russian name of the place then look on map then you know where you are then just use compass.
    Last edited by Imperial_Kade; 01-14-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Like Imperial_kade says in the last post, this game is far from being done and even rocket himself(the creator) is warning people to join due to the unfinished nature of the game.

He basically says, if you just want to play the game then wait, if you want to partake in the making of the game as a bug hunter then go ahead.

It's funny and weird I haven't seen any bugs just the game isn't completed and not as fun.

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Quote Originally Posted by Ziek88 View Post

I lol'd :P

While this is the type of game that a lot of people will thoroughly enjoy, I agree with the comic. I think I would die from boredom within an hour xD Despite that... something about it has me intrigued. I'd definitely at least give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I lol'd :P

While this is the type of game that a lot of people will thoroughly enjoy, I agree with the comic. I think I would die from boredom within an hour xD Despite that... something about it has me intrigued. I'd definitely at least give it a shot.
    If you think you get bored with it I'd spend 30 bucks on something else but you know whatever.

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Kade View Post
    If you think you get bored with it I'd spend 30 bucks on something else but you know whatever.
    Oh, I would definitely not buy it without trying it first. I'd have to find a friend that has it to try it out or something. I seriously don't buy any games nowadays without "borrowing them from a friend" first to test them out because the gaming industry has become unpredictable with the quality of games. That, and at $60 a pop it's not worth risking. I don't have that kind of money to waste on something that I just HOPE is good.

I think in the past.... 5+ years at least, the only game that I have purchased without trying first (that wasn't $1 in a bundle or super, super cheap on sale) was Deadpool.

Fun write up.
    My first and only playthrough thus far on DayZ: Standalone lasted all of about 30 minutes.
    When I started, I ran to the nearest shed and took cover while I sorted out my settings and control setup.
    While adjusting my audio setting in-game, I hear the moaning of zombies and a few empty gun shots, so naturally I think nothing of it because I'm messing with my settings..
    Need less to say, I should have thought everything of those sounds as, no sooner had I come out of the menu system, did I notice I was being wailed on by a zombie who had already killed another player who was firing blanks.

So needless to say, I done the only thing I could do and that was to run away as fast as the game would let me.
    I eventually managed to outrun the zombie as I made it to a nearby town, and found a rather sizeable backpack in the first building I ducked into along with a pair of aviators which instantly made my character the coolest character alive. :P
    But alas, my good fortune was to end there. My screen was highly desaturated due to the amount of blood I'd lost from the attack and I had somehow managed to agro 2 more zombies through several buildings.
    This lead me to the conclusion that my time was up, so I sat in the corner of the building and made the only action that was available to me..
    I licked a battery...
    Needless to say, I was unconscious before the zombies reached me.

So I haven't really played the game enough to say whether I enjoy it or not. But it comes across to me as a game I would enjoy more, if I was apart of an organised party in game.
    If you send me FR, let me know who you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Knibbler View Post
    Fun write up.
    My first and only playthrough thus far on DayZ: Standalone lasted all of about 30 minutes.
    When I started, I ran to the nearest shed and took cover while I sorted out my settings and control setup.
    While adjusting my audio setting in-game, I hear the moaning of zombies and a few empty gun shots, so naturally I think nothing of it because I'm messing with my settings..
    Need less to say, I should have thought everything of those sounds as, no sooner had I come out of the menu system, did I notice I was being wailed on by a zombie who had already killed another player who was firing blanks.

So needless to say, I done the only thing I could do and that was to run away as fast as the game would let me.
    I eventually managed to outrun the zombie as I made it to a nearby town, and found a rather sizeable backpack in the first building I ducked into along with a pair of aviators which instantly made my character the coolest character alive. :P
    But alas, my good fortune was to end there. My screen was highly desaturated due to the amount of blood I'd lost from the attack and I had somehow managed to agro 2 more zombies through several buildings.
    This lead me to the conclusion that my time was up, so I sat in the corner of the building and made the only action that was available to me..
    I licked a battery...
    Needless to say, I was unconscious before the zombies reached me.

So I haven't really played the game enough to say whether I enjoy it or not. But it comes across to me as a game I would enjoy more, if I was apart of an organised party in game.
    Lol sounds like you had a good time

Send me FR on Steam
    Imperial_Kade

Thread Information