Threaded View

Default I think I'm done with EA

I think as thinking reasoning human beings we occasionally have to take a stand on certain issues. Not over reacting is a good thing as well, so sometimes you let most things slide. But when is the last time you really took a firm stand against something or someone that has been dealing you ****? Probably not often enough.

That's why I have decided Im drawing the line with EA. It has had to much slack for to long. There is a reason that as a company it get so much flak.

We are talking about some of the most disappointing events in video game history, like the ending to Mass Effect 3 (including its controversial day 1 DLC "From ashes" that should have been shipped with the game) The horrendous DRM and online only content of Sim city 4. Basic decent business practices.

What recently pushed me over the edge was a kickstarter I was following:

Mercs Minis changes Myth board game logo after receiving EA cease-and-desist | Polygon

Thats right, EA appears to have "legal rights to the use of flames on letters, numbers, and symbols." According to Mercs Minis' lawyer, a court might decide that brand confusion could result because of the "close proximity" between board games and video games.

So that cool name had to be changed because EA feels it should have exclusive rights to basic symbols like fire itself. Just, just screw them. Their list of BS stretches to far to list in a single thread.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Thread Information