Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildstar

Default Wildstar

Anyone else check this out yet?

Home | WildStar MMORPG

"WildStar infuses amazing stylized art with the latest technology to create a stunning visual experience. Set on a wondrous alien world, WildStar delivers a wild and mysterious adventure among the ruins of an advanced civilization - allowing you to play the way you want to play while experiencing an unprecedented level of exploration and discovery!"

Seems like a really nifty little MMO with a lot of different aspects than most MMO's I've seen. They have all sorts of weird stuff like the ability to double jump... jumping and speed races.

Combat: WildStar uses a system of telegraphs for combat, where zones are displayed on the ground, allowing a player to predict attacks of enemies and heals of allies. A player can dodge them by walking out of them, dashing, or jumping above them.

Housing: In WildStar, players can own a sky plot. This plot is a part of land consisting of a house and severals "sockets", each socket can receive different "plugs". Plugs can consist of many different things, such as a crafting bench, a mine, an exploration shaft, etc.

They also have massive 40vs40 PvP... Interesting sounding leveling system (WildStar also uses a system of paths. Upon character creation, players are able to choose between the four paths, in addition to their desired class, however, unlike classes, paths are not restricted to specific races. The paths are loosely based on the Bartle player types. The path the player chooses upon character creation determines what kind of extra content the player enjoys. The four available paths are the Soldier, Explorer, Settler, and Scientist.)

Def want to check this out! You can get free beta keys right now too

WildStar Weekend Beta Giveaway powered by Godankey.com

Yeah I signed up for the beta like a week or two ago but haven't heard back yet. I haven't really looked into it much

Shout out to Eggs for the awesome signature

I played this at Comic Con and have their T-shirt! They gave me a beta key on a card back then, but I think I lost it, or it's in one of the tote bags I got for free.

The game wasn't my thing though. I played for a couple hours over 3 days. Maybe I need to give it another try but with my lack of free time, I can't seem to expand from League of Legends these days
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Damn, keys are all out. Next time around I'll try it out!

My friends wants me to get this, while I do like the artstyle Im not sure if Im going to get this or TES online.

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    My friends wants me to get this, while I do like the artstyle Im not sure if Im going to get this or TES online.
    I really like the art style. That's the main reason I want to try it. Well, that and the cool mechanics

Beta WAS SO MUCH FUN!

I can't see myself EVER getting back into a monthly pay-to-play game.... but this game was really fun. I will definitely consider once they go free-to-play, which they inevitably will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Beta WAS SO MUCH FUN!

I can't see myself EVER getting back into a monthly pay-to-play game.... but this game was really fun. I will definitely consider once they go free-to-play, which they inevitably will.
    How do they do things different from wow(im tired of all the clones).

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    How do they do things different from wow(im tired of all the clones).
    I mean when it comes down to it, Wildstar is still an MMO. So it's going to play similarly to all the others. But there are a lot of unique things in this game that made it appeal to me so much.

First is the art style. It's just... different. I really like it. It's pretty yet cartoony, it's colorful, it's aesthetically pleasing.

The races are all very different. It's not just your generic go-to fantasy MMO races like troll or Orc. They definitely put a lot of thought into lore and races, etc. They range from cute little looking hamster guys to cyborgs.

The classes are also really different and very much not your typical "Mage, Warrior, Rogue" set. Right now I am playing a Spellslinger... which is like a hunter mage. It's freaking awesome. Shoot a gun from one hand and spells from the other. Engineer is really cool too - you make all sorts of bots that do different things. Esper, which are like mind- masters who use mental energy to damage. And then warrior, stalker and medic which I don't know much about.

Then on top of your normal skill tree, you've also got "paths". Path has nothing to do with your class or anything else. It basically just adds another fun element of play to break up the monotony of questing, etc a little bit. You pick one to specialize in (Settler, Explorer, Soldier or Scientist). Basically in each zone you go into there are multiple quests and adventures you can do that relate to your path. You get rewards and stuff for completing them.

This game also has public events where you'll enter a zone and something will be happening. You join in and get rewarded for completed them. This game *also* has something called "challenges" which are like personal world events. You have a challenge log for each area of the game with challenges like "Kill 25 beasts within 2 minutes." You complete the challenge, you get a reward.

I didn't get to try out the PvP, but they have a 40v40 match that I'm dying to try out.

Something else I didn't get to try out was the housing. You get your own chunk of 'land' that you can decorate, do dailies at, have friends visit. Your can even give friends access to your land to do your dailies for you for a part of the reward.

The thing I like most above all else... is that this game is hilarious and is absolutely intended for an older, more mature group of people. There are raunchy jokes, swearing, etc. Even just on their website they have things like "KICK ASS AND TAKE NAMES!" and "WHY SHOULD I GIVE A DAMN ABOUT PATHS? DO I GET STUFF?" :P

So yea I'm sure there's more I missed haha But the game is very enjoyable so far.

Welp.... I pre-ordered Wildstar this weekend. Doesn't come out until June, but you get access to beta every weekend.

AND I just found out that Wildstar will have a free-to-play option where you can use in-game to pay your monthly sub fee instead of real cash

Thread Information