Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Welp.... I pre-ordered Wildstar this weekend. Doesn't come out until June, but you get access to beta every weekend.

AND I just found out that Wildstar will have a free-to-play option where you can use in-game to pay your monthly sub fee instead of real cash
    Like in Eve online then I think.

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    Like in Eve online then I think.
    Yupp! That was the first thing I thought haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    AND I just found out that Wildstar will have a free-to-play option where you can use in-game to pay your monthly sub fee instead of real cash
    This is one of my favorite things I've been seeing pop up in games! Hopefully it doesn't require too much grinding for money to get them though. Before Tera went F2P it took a solid 2-4 hours a night (EVERY NIGHT!!) to grind enough cash to buy it in game.

I might just check this out If ESO doesn't bomb I'll probably buy it. Everything I've seen about it so far looks super fun.

Well that is pretty awesome as I dont like paying a monthly fee(got to many bills already )

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    This is one of my favorite things I've been seeing pop up in games! Hopefully it doesn't require too much grinding for money to get them though. Before Tera went F2P it took a solid 2-4 hours a night (EVERY NIGHT!!) to grind enough cash to buy it in game.

I might just check this out If ESO doesn't bomb I'll probably buy it. Everything I've seen about it so far looks super fun.
    Same here! I'm sure it will take a bit of effort to get enough gold to pay for a monthly sub. I'd definitely expect at least 1 hour per night, minimum. They can't make it *too* easy, otherwise they'll just lose money. Hell, I'd be happy if I could come up with enough in-game money to pay my sub every other month. Then it would be more like $7.50/mo instead of $15

Haha Well I really can't imagine ESO bombing, ever. Even if the game were complete garbage, there are way more than enough fanboys that will play it regardless just because the words "Elder Scrolls" are on it :P I mean all you have to do is get online and read some of the comments that said fanboys are saying to know it won't bomb. Actually, yesterday I was reading a thread just like that. OP made a post about the most recent (and also last) beta session that was held for ESO 2 weekends ago, saying that they were worried that ESO was going to fail because of the loads of issues still in beta at this point. Some reply gold:

“I, for one, will be playing the game at launch regardless of the bugs (but I really, really hate bugged quests, in case you miss it) and reluctantly, I will just take 50% longer to level my toon.”

“I’m going to play at launch — I’ve preordered the Imperial Edition and scheduled a week vacation. I love TES games, MMO’s are my hobby, and I can’t wait to start. I have recruited others to play TESO, as well. But the author is right. This game is about to launch. In the last beta test, most of my quests ended with a broken spawn or busted instance. For a PvE game based on questing, this is a disaster. Even if some people had much better experiences, a heck of a lot of us ran into nothing but broken mechanics.” And THEN follows that up with, “I expect launch to be a disaster.”

“I’m a huge fan of this game and will stick with it during the rough months after launch. That said, last beta weekend was significantly worse than the one before it.”

“The “current state” (or at least what the majority of new players experienced last weekend) unfortunately turned off some guild members who were on the fence (this includes a few who couldn’t even get the game installed due to errors). I purchased regardless, but it doesn’t mean I’m thrilled with the experience at the moment.”

The thread literally went on like this for NINE pages lol That’s NINE pages of people saying, “Well yea, beta has been terrible since it launched and it still is. I could barely do anything and was miserable, and annoyed playing it… And now it’s less than 2 weeks from release… and things *probably* won’t be fixed by release, or even months after that… But shut up and take my money!!!” So yea, I don’t think you have anything to worry about. xD

haha,XD.

Well I will try ESO but I will probably wait until people say its safe(and not fanboys).

You def should give it a try if you want to, especially if you liked the ES series of games. From what I *could* do when I was in beta (as little as that was), it definitely felt like you were playing one of the ES games, just in an MMO setting. So I can see why people are excited for the game... and I'm sure if launches and it still crazy buggy, they will get it all fixed eventually. But yea, I would personally hold off on any sort of purchase until I know it's running smoothly. :P

Since I pre-ordered I get 3 guest passes with 7 days of playtime. If anyone wants to just check the game out, let me know!

For Wildstar? I wouldn't mind if nobody else wants one! Too kind, Mizel

Well I can't use em, so I might as well share the love! ^_^

I should have some extra's. I was going to save them for my IRL friends first, but they pretty much all already bought the game too lol :P I'll PM you after release when I get the guest pass info

Thread Information