Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wildstar

Yeah for sure It looks like a hell of a game. There's so many promising MMOs coming out lately, I hate it! I can't play 'em all haha.

I have so much problem for which one to chose.

Should I give Wildstar a try, or TESO or WOw when WOD is released... So many choices. Well, until then I keep with the secret world.

Think I'm gonna take the plunge. Been a while since an MMO has interested me but I'm digging the look of this one.

Anyone wanna further confirm that it's a worthy purchase? Soon as I get home it's mine.

Sig by TheMangler

Quote Originally Posted by Synge View Post
    Think I'm gonna take the plunge. Been a while since an MMO has interested me but I'm digging the look of this one.

Anyone wanna further confirm that it's a worthy purchase? Soon as I get home it's mine.
    I pre-ordered. We got the head start because of that, so we got to start playing yesterday. We played all day. It's absolutely worth it. One of the funnest MMO's I've ever played If you join, add me as a friend!
    Last edited by Mizel; 06-01-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Awesome, I technically pre-ordered as well, so I get to start today; if only I'd taken interest a day sooner.

What realm you on?

Edit: Also, might wanna edit you email so it's not a link, avoid any potential spambots picking it up. ;]

Sig by TheMangler

Awesome, I technically pre-ordered as well, so I get to start today; if only I'd taken interest a day sooner.

What realm you on?

Edit: Also, might wanna edit you email so it's not a link, avoid any potential spambots picking it up. ;]
    Good call, didn't even think of that :P

We're on Caretaker.

I added you, for anyone else that gets the game, my player name is Synyc (pretty sure you can add via playername)

Played for a few hours today and I'm really enjoying it, my only gripe (nit-pick, really) thus far is that I really dislike the Mordesh sprint animation, seems very sluggish, specifically while in stealth. The Aurin stealth-sprint looks awesome and assassin-y, but I'm not interested in rolling a furry.

Edit: Welp, might seem like a stupid reason but I made a squirrel-fox just because I like the quickness of animations more, combat even feels more fluid. Maybe their short stature will have some advantage in stealthing during PvP (doubtful, I know).
    Last edited by Synge; 06-01-2014 at 11:19 PM.

Sig by TheMangler

I added you, for anyone else that gets the game, my player name is Synyc (pretty sure you can add via playername)

Played for a few hours today and I'm really enjoying it, my only gripe (nit-pick, really) thus far is that I really dislike the Mordesh sprint animation, seems very sluggish, specifically while in stealth. The Aurin stealth-sprint looks awesome and assassin-y, but I'm not interested in rolling a furry.

Edit: Welp, might seem like a stupid reason but I made a squirrel-fox just because I like the quickness of animations more, combat even feels more fluid. Maybe their short stature will have some advantage in stealthing during PvP (doubtful, I know).
    You can add player name, but if you add their email it adds their entire account (versus just one char). Also, character names are server unique, not game unique. Meaning you can have a character with the same name on each server, so if you're on server A and someone on server B adds your name... but someone on server B ALSO has that name... they are adding that other person, not you. At least that's how it worked in beta. No idea if it still works that way. I assumed they'd change that with launch because it was a dumb way to have it set up, but I haven't tried it out yet.

I love the Chua haha And they really do have that benefit in PvP! They are much harder to see in general. I've got a Mechari Engineer and a Draken Spellslinger so far.

I totally made my guild name Call of Chuathulu :P

I've never wanted to impulse buy a game so badly before :V

How's the combat? Do either of you know what level PVP starts at? I'm curious about the "level entirely through PvP" thing.

Might grab it tonight to catch the preorder bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    I've never wanted to impulse buy a game so badly before :V

How's the combat? Do either of you know what level PVP starts at? I'm curious about the "level entirely through PvP" thing.

Might grab it tonight to catch the preorder bonuses.
    The combat is awesome. Do you remember Tera how the combat was unique? It wasn't just target and hit a button? Wildstar is the same way in that combat is extremely unique (check this our for more details: Combat - Wildstar Wiki). For example, my Spellslinger’s attacks are almost all multi-target/AoE attacks. Combat also uses “telegraph’s” which are really hard to explain. But the gist is that your attacks/casts/spells crate a telegraph on the ground (showing area that will be affected by your attack), like this:

It makes PvP sooooo much fun. (You can read all about telegraphs and shiz in the link above as well).

PvP starts almost right away at level 6 and you can absolutely level up strictly by PvPing. Carbine actually made the game this way on purpose for the PvP fans. The chick that is the Group Content Design Lead (Adventures, Dungeons, Raids, PvP) for Wildstar said:

"As for leveling up in PvP...in WildStar, we'd like for you to be able to play the way you want. For us, this means that if you want to be able to level your character by slaying player foes instead of AI foes...you can do so. Through Battlegrounds, you will be able to gain experience to level up. You will also be able to attain gear and rewards to help keep you equipped (on par with a PvE leveling experience). So, for us...PvP is not just about being at level cap."

But yea. I love the game so far. The only advice I have for anyone that is considering buying that this game is that it is very, VERY Vanilla WoW. If you’re expecting a game that plays similar to current WoW (aka completely fool-proof and a 5 year old could easily grasp and play it well), you’re going to have a bad time. The game is HARD. There are people wiping on entry level dungeons. Character stats and abilities actually take thought. Dungeons actually require strategy. But that’s one of the reasons I love it so much

PS. The guest passes I got with my copy of the game will become available on official launch day (tomorrow). So if anyone wants one, hit me up ^_^

Thread Information