Default Racing games with track & championship editors?

Hello,

I've been searching the internet high and low for a racing game with somewhat specific features. I'm a huge fan of creating custom tracks, and there are lot of games that can satisfy this need. But I have only found a couple of racing games that will let me do all of the following things listed below. I was wondering if any racing game fans might have some games I haven't heard of to the list. I know there are a ton of games with track editors(Like Trackmania, Crashday, Stunts for DOS, V-Rally 2, for example). However, most games seem to only let you race the tracks in a single race mode, and I get bored of this quite easily. It'd be cool to make different championships with different themes of how the tracks are ordered and designed.

I'm not too worried about which platform they're on, I'd rather hear about the games and their features, if anyone has heard of anything. I'll worry about what platform it's on later!

Desired features in one game:
    -Create custom tracks
    -Create/Edit championship modes to race on my custom tracks
    -Race against AI drivers on custom tracks and in custom championships
    -A bonus would be a game that lets me edit heightmaps in some way to create an interesting terrain and make jumps

Games I know of that include all of the above:
    -Generally (Freeware PC game)
    -Moto Racer 2 (Playstation 1 & PC) (Has a track creator and custom championships built right into the editor)
    -ThunderWheels - A now free Windows game inspired by GeneRally
    -Slicks 'n' Slide - A 2D top down racers, perhaps the influence for Generally
    -Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 (Playstation 1, Dreamcast, maybe another system??) Has a track editor and a custom series feature

Aside from those games listed, I don't think I can think of any games that include all of the desired features. I'm definitely interested in hearing what other racing game fans might have to offer!

Modnation Racers sounds like what you want, although it's more like a Mario Kart style with items/powerups and cartoony rather than realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    Modnation Racers sounds like what you want, although it's more like a Mario Kart style with items/powerups and cartoony rather than realistic.

Thank you! I actually own Modnation Racers. I'm not sure if you can actually create a championship with a list of tracks in a specific order. Though the game itself doesn't seem to hook me. While I'm not looking specifically for something super realistic, I think the offroad games tend to draw me in more.

I don't think there's a set championship setting no You'd have to select each track in order you'd want to play. I could be wrong though, I haven't played too much of it!

Thread Information