Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Titanfall vs Infamous: Second Son

So, these are both highly anticipated upcoming games, and it looks like the first major non-launch release on either next gen system. Which do you think will sell better? Which do you think will be better? What are your thoughts in general?

I think Titanfall has a lot more hype than Infamous does, plus Titanfall is selling on PC as well as Xbox One. I feel like Titanfall will sell better than infamous, as for which one is better I couldn't tell you. Haven't played either one.

Hmmmm, those are honestly hard questions. IMO, Titanfall will sell better because I think the overall fan base for FPS games (especially ones created by the same people who worked on CoD and Battlefield, ermahgerd) is much larger than the fan base for Infamous.

And as to which one will be better…. I think that’s a pretty close match, but I think Titanfall takes the lead by a hair. When it comes to Infamous: Second Son… in my experience, sequels are never quite as good (especially when you start getting into the third + in a series) unless they switch up some major things in the game to make it more interesting. From everything I’ve read about Second Son, it’s a good game as expected – but there’s not much to set it apart from the other 2. On the other hand, Titanfall isn’t exactly an all new amazing game that will revolutionize the FPS genre, but it also isn’t ‘just another shooter.’ The addition of the Titans adds a whole new aspect of gameplay and makes the game slightly more interesting.

If I had to pick one or the other, I’d choose Second Son because I’d get a lot more enjoyment and playtime out of it (especially because you can play through twice – once evil and once good - for two completely different experiences). I played a bit of Titanfall beta, and while I enjoyed it (especially the Titans), I still got bored after a few matches.

Titanfall looks cool and all, but I feel like the online-only aspect will hurt it's sales a bit. I almost was going to get it (i'm a sucker for games with mech stuff) until I learned that it's online only. My 360 doesn't have wireless and i'm not paying for Xbox live gold. Maybe if I had a better PC i'd get it, but still.

Anyways, I think that on next gen systems, Infamous could probably sell better. PS4, from what I know, has a larger install base, and the game isn't going to be released on any other system. Everybody who wants I:SS will be buying it on the ps4, and if you want to play it, you need to get a ps4. Titanfall, however, is available to people with a 360, an xbone, and a pc, so you have options as to which console you want to play it on. People who would potentially buy an Xbone copy could instead buy it on the PC or the 360, which will lead to less sales of xbone copies. Of course, if a ps4 exclusive outsells the xbone version of a game on multiple platforms, that's not really impressive, but still.

I think infamous will probably be the better game. As much as I like robots fighting, i'm not a multiplayer fan.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    So, these are both highly anticipated upcoming games, and it looks like the first major non-launch release on either next gen system. Which do you think will sell better? Which do you think will be better? What are your thoughts in general?
    Titanfall will easily sell better. It's across three platforms... it's clearly the best FPS in years (I've played it)... and it's got cred due to who's developing it.

And for me Titanfall will be the better game because I don't like Infamous.

I enjoy the story of Infamous, but I prefer shooters over RPG in general. It's tough to compare them as they're so different, but if it's the online quick-play Titanfall has it hands down. As for campaign, I'm undecided. It looks like a ton of fun with the parkour/mechs going on, but Infamous has badass magic. Just gonna have to play both I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    I enjoy the story of Infamous, but I prefer shooters over RPG in general. It's tough to compare them as they're so different, but if it's the online quick-play Titanfall has it hands down. As for campaign, I'm undecided. It looks like a ton of fun with the parkour/mechs going on, but Infamous has badass magic. Just gonna have to play both I guess!
    Does Titanfall have a campaign? I mean, I know it's online-only, but that doesn't mean it can't have a co-op campaign or something of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    Does Titanfall have a campaign? I mean, I know it's online-only, but that doesn't mean it can't have a co-op campaign or something of the sort.
    I've got no idea now, I just assumed xD If it's online only I doubt it. I could see a Spec-Ops CoD Style coop but that's about it.

I am 100% an Infamous person since #1. I will say that I hated number 2 and the Festival of Blood. They completely changed the dynamics of how Cole's powers worked. The thrusts for instance. They shot him up higher a little with an arc, then he went down faster. In number one, the physics we more realistic and he glided more evenly. Second Son however, goes back to how number one was with a great open city. I hated New Marais compared to Empire City. This new city has much more detail like Empire City did, but better.

I have beat second son twice now. It is a very groundbreaking colorfully frantic open world with the same addictive game play from the first two finding blast shards and getting new powers while choosing right from wrong has never made you felt so bad....or good. Anyways what I am getting at is the attention to detail on this game is off the charts and the people you meet all make you wanna keep playing your characters moral choices are felt . Weather you let millions die and they hate you for it or you did the right thing and the world hid you for safety . Every choice really does change your perception of the world your in even though its mostly the same for either route the little details makes this game like a movie you wish would never end. The game that you wait for dlc that does not involve fps. It's the next left behind with its gripping fun action packed antics...

Titan fall is a fps....multiplayer game .
    To me its apple to oranges I don't wanna say anything about a game I never played but
    Second son was the best adventure game I ever played
    before this it was
    uncharted 3 and Beyond good and evil ...
    oh and I guess red dead and gta5. I would rank them differently as well since the open world aspect changes everything.
    THE ORIGINAL
    linxisme

Thread Information