Default South Park: The Stick of Truth Thoughts

Has anyone played this game yet? I got the Grand Wizard edition and I love the game. It's pretty short and there isn't a huge replay value; took me 13 hours to beat on my first play through. The good thing about it is that there is fairly little repetitiveness to the game. You're always unlock new abilities to use in and out of combat. Some fairly good puzzle solving to beat the game as well. The best part IMO is all references from the show. Just walking around and find items that were in episodes make the game so much better. I definitely recommend this game if you're a south park fan, it's worth the money.

I picked the Jew class my first play through, just starting another play through now, going to attempt to 100% the game as far as achievements go. I hope they add some DLC to the game like extra quest. Though Matt and Trey have said that they hate DLC, so it's doubtful that'll happen. They dislike how game companies purposely leave out content just to make people buy it later. I feel that Matt and Trey are one of the few people who actually want to please their fans. I'd willingly pay 10 or 20 dollars for a few extra quest though, it's been awhile since I played a game that I enjoyed this much.

I really enjoyed it, but I agree it's too short. I beat it in about 12 hours but I only did a couple side quests. It was hilarious the whole time though.

I just rented it didn't buy it, I think I'll be waiting for it to go on sale before I decide to 100% the achievements as well

I am loving it so far! I totally agree that if you are a South Park fan, you will absolutely enjoy the game. And honestly, even if you’re not a big SP fan, the game is actually still really fun – you just won’t be nearly as amused with the characters/environment/quests. However, I don’t know if I can say that the game is worth $60. It’s extremely rare that I buy any game at full price. In fact, in the past few years the only game I bought for full price was Deadpool (which wasn’t worth it). IMO, in order for me to justify full price on a game, it’s got to be a fairly in depth game with a lot of play time and replayability. While the SP game is awesome, fun and hilarious – it’s also simple, could be longer and lacks significant replay value. If you’re cheap as hell like me, I’d personally suggest waiting for a sale :P

Speaking of being cheap as hell, I also picked the Jew class, which is really fun.

Ya know, despite Matt and Trey hating DLC, I still wouldn’t be surprised if we saw some come out down the road. It’s probably a conundrum for the poor guys…. they hate DLC, but want to please the fans… who are probably already asking for DLC haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post

Ya know, despite Matt and Trey hating DLC, I still wouldn’t be surprised if we saw some come out down the road. It’s probably a conundrum for the poor guys…. they hate DLC, but want to please the fans… who are probably already asking for DLC haha
    Another thing that worries me is that this game barely happened. I mean a company went bankrupted and then the game got delayed a whole year. I'm just happy the game came out., but yeah I definitely want more. I'm very close to 100% already and according to steam I have 30 hours on the game.

Love it. Great game, but I'll have to agree with ROFLBRYCE, it was very short. There are a lot of side quests you can do after beating the main game, which is cool. A big let down was that Towlie isn't in the game at all, besides for the loading screens. Overall it's a hilarious and awesome game!

Icant wait till I can take advantage of a steam sale on this. You guys have solidified my want for it.

Thread Information