Default H-Hour (Socom is back)

I realize it's possible I was the only Socom 2 fan but in my opinion, it is the best tactical pvp shooter of any I've seen or played. It was more or less the start of MLG and where competitive gaming made it's debut. Gamebattles.com was originally only for Socom 2 until it branched to other games. Sadly, after 10 years, this PS2 games servers were finally shut down and the company that made the series disappeared. Past Socom 2 they were pressured to follow the style of call of duty which was their downfall. The brains behind socom 2 were canned and the next wave of makers released trash.

Then one day I stumbled across a kickstarter which was started by the head guy from socom 2 and he is working with a large part of his original crew. Even better surprise, he got the funding required to make the game he proposed. It's called H-Hour. They are building it on the mechanics that made Socom 2 so great with a facelift to make it look better. It's set to release for both PC and PS4.

It is unfortunately still early in development so who knows what will happen but I am hopeful this will reach completion. It has not yet made it to closed beta though however a testing group is currently being selected.

*Realized a link might be nice
    SOF Studios

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

I never played SOCOM 2 but I played SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 1 and 2 for PSP all the time in junior high. Me and all my friends had 2 and we all played each other on the weekends and before our basketball games lol they were such fun games

Shout out to Eggs for the awesome signature

I never got my hands on a PSP so I hadn't played those ones but I've heard they were good too. They were part of the socom 2 line I believe. After Socom 2 they started being pushed to be more like other shooters which painfully killed the game. I'll be very happy to see this come to completion if it's everything it says it is. The early demos and such look exactly how I would want them too so it's promising.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

Last SOCOM game I saw released was only multiplayer and could host up to like 40 people or something like that in a game. Never heard of it since it released though lol

You're probably thinking of MAG. It was 64 people in a game. Wasn't actually a terrible game but unless you had 63 friends to play it with, it lost it's fun fast. The released Socom 4 after it which actually had a decent campaign but the PVP was basically call of duty with a socom touch. Was not a good choice for them. It also wasn't made by Zipper who did the original socoms that were good.

THANKS!

No it was a SOCOM game. I might be wrong about the number of people but it was multiplayer only

ah, then it was confrontation. It's actually still got a community and people play it. It took after Socom 2 and was supposed to just be a holdover for fans till Socom 4 released. Actually was really well done but didn't get much advertising since socom 4 got all the attention and was bad.

THANKS!

Thread Information