Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why does everyone blame gaming for everything.

Everytime something bad happens gaming is pretty much always blamed for. Last time it happened was yesterday, a football supporter was killed by hooligans and it went big in media. One of the reporters blamed video games, "it was probably inspired by video game violence where you kill and stab people all the time". Hasn't people come further than to blame whatever on things they dont understand?

Quote Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    Everytime something bad happens gaming is pretty much always blamed for. Last time it happened was yesterday, a football supporter was killed by hooligans and it went big in media. One of the reporters blamed video games, "it was probably inspired by video game violence where you kill and stab people all the time". Hasn't people come further than to blame whatever on things they dont understand?
    Nobody can handle the fact that some people are just messed up or that parents did a poor job raising their kids, so they use video games as a scapegoat.

They blame tv too.

Half a century ago, cartoons were pretty violent, with Bugs Bunny shooting Elmer Fudd with blood and whatnot. Nowadays, cartoons can't have that, and games that are Rated-M with a bit of violence gets most of the game.

I always found video games a great way to take out frustration, so you don't act them out in real life. If anything, more people need to play these games and blow off steam.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

The big thing is ignorance. It goes with what Eps said about not blaming the actual problems. The parents, or mental issues.

There's a reason there are ratings on games, but parents donttcare until their kid does something negative because of it. Even then, its not their fault they bought the game. Its that the game existed in the first place.

Doesn't make sense. The number of people that waved me off when Id warn them about GTA5 for their 8-11 year old was astounding. Then an hour later when they'd come in screaming nudity and profanity all Id say is "Well I told you that, sorry."

I pretty much agree with everyone else. This problem isn't just related to video games though. Anytime anything happens anywhere is always someone elses fault. I can't speak for other countries but it's a major problem in the US. It's too easy to blame something else rather than say "man, I messed up. This is my fault now I should fix it." Nobody is held accountable for their actions in the US. I know a bunch of people who don't have jobs right now who constantly complain about the job market and how it's the government's fault. Sure, job markets tough. It's not easy to get a good job these days. That said, if you are making those complaints while collecting a check each week from the government and I ask you where you have applied and the answer is nowhere then the blame rests on you.

Children learn from their environment. Teach them that there are no consequences and they will live like that.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

I pretty much as well agree with what everyone has said so far. I'm not sure how, but we've gotten to this point as a society where it's considered acceptable to throw blame wherever. It quite honestly depresses and scares the crap out of me. When you look at the big picture you start to realize just how many people in this world are gullible idiots. The scary part? It's most of them. When a kid shoots up a school, all it takes is one of those gullible idiots to cry out video game violence as the reason and the rest just follow blindly. It's so bad that we literally have entire countries blindly following and buying into this garbage. While the few remaining people that actually have common sense and the ability to think and reason, desperately try to explain with no avail that underlying things (like mental illnesses or in some cases environment) are the root cause.

Perhaps things will get better over time, but I don't think so. It's obviously not generational because the same thing has been happening forever. Before video games it was rock music, before rock music it was alcohol. People will always find something else to blame.

There is a reason this is the most terrifying comedy I've ever seen.

51fGAjNf-6L.jpg

I watch it in the school districts constantly. It is by far the most evident example of future generations being taught that it's not their fault and that consequences don't exist for their actions. Somewhere over the years it stopped being "son/daughter, why are you failing this class" and became "teacher, how dare you fail my son/dauther, they deserve an A". The most unfortunate thing is that line of thinking has been backed by lawmakers and enforces. Schools in my area have stopped failing students for fear of lawsuits that they often lose. Furthermore if they don't maintain a certain pass rate, the state cuts funding to that school drastically. Can't imagine why each passing generation is incapable of accepting it's own faults. Honestly, I'd almost vote for a politician at this point who had made a bunch of mistakes but openly admitted them.

Check out my league of legends clips on YouTube. If you are thinking about starting LoL, please use my referral link to make your account.
    THANKS!

It also makes me scared, what will we blame on when we get old 0.o

It's just basic ignorance from the older generation. You don't tend to hear this sort of thing from anyone under the age of 35. If people don't understand something, they see the worst possible interpretation of it.
    If you look at the actual evidence on a large scale, the rise of video games as a medium (e.g 1980-present) has actually coincided with a huge drop in violent crime in the western world.

Quote Originally Posted by LorenceKing View Post
    It's just basic ignorance from the older generation. You don't tend to hear this sort of thing from anyone under the age of 35. If people don't understand something, they see the worst possible interpretation of it.
    If you look at the actual evidence on a large scale, the rise of video games as a medium (e.g 1980-present) has actually coincided with a huge drop in violent crime in the western world.
    That's because I think people use Video games to focus their frustrations, I know it helps me when I'm feeling peeved. Just one of the theories I happen to agree with.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thread Information