Default Thoughts on E3 2014?

Wondering what everyone is most excited for, was surprised by, or let down by with this year's announcements.

The hype behind Smash4 is just ridiculous with the announcements made this year. Palutena, PacMan, and the invitational was ridiculous. I'm definitely a more casual player but it's nice to see Nintendo acknowledging the competitive crowd.

The Division looked great as well. The trailer was beautiful and I can't wait to learn more about the story of it.

There was only one disappointment for me, and it was the Fable gameplay. It just feels like Lionhead can't recapture the magic of the first Fable, and why it was so great. I was hoping the re-release would've helped for that, but we'll see when it's out I guess.

OH YEAH HALO COLLECTION TOO WHAAAT. Definitely putting some money aside so I can grab an Xbox One. Microsoft sold it to me on this collection alone. 100+ maps in multiplayer plus Halo 2 Forge? Just take my money, seriously.

Truth be told I havent really paid much attention to E3 this year.

However the Division and Rainbow six looks pretty awesome.

I never pay much attention either, usually just read/watch 'best of E3' lists and whatnot. My thoughts:

• Destiny needs to come to PC, damn it.

• No Man's Sky looks really interesting, I'll keep my eye on this one.

• Bloodborne looks so awesome, but I'm not sure it's enough to sell me on PS4.

• Smash 4 and the open world Zelda U sold me on Wii U. Seriously, I bought one last night along with Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart, which comes with a voucher for a free game: I'm opting for Wind Waker HD (Nintendo's selling refurbs with warranty for $200. Bought a Wii U Deluxe with 4 games and an extra controller for ~$350, not bad)

• Witcher 3.. Hnnng.

• I loved Dragon Age Origins. I thought DA2 had turned me off the series for good but Inquisition is looking fantastic.

• I've played a fair bit of Far Cry 3, always felt like the lack of proper co-op was a massive waste of potential. Far Cry 4 looks like the Co-Op playground I've been waiting for. Now if only they would get rid of Uplay.

Lots of promises from the Devs, guess we'll see if they can deliver.

Sig by TheMangler

I only watched PS4 and Nintendo. I thought Nintendo killed it and they weren't even there lol (just a video from them.) I already have a Wii U so it's nice seeing some good games coming out for it finally. Two new zelda games, Super Smash Brothers and Bayonetta 2. Plus a new Yoshi game, my favorite mario character. Not sure how I felt about the Skylander type stuff for all the games, seems like a way for them to just make more money.

As for PS4, I planned on buying other eventually, whenever a good bundle comes out. They showed a few decent games. A new Little Big Planet, The Order 1886 and Kingdom Hearts. I'm most excited for Everybody's Going to Rapture.
    Here is the teaser they play at e3
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/20...rapture-teaser
    Takes place after rapture and you were left behind, apparently there are only 5 computer controller AI in the game. It definitely got my interest, going to be very different from other games with only 5 other people in the game.

My E3 thoughts are "I REALLY need a PS4"

Bloodborne, LittleBigPlanet 3, and Final Fantasy Type-0 were announced, on top of other games I already wanted (Final Fantasy 15, MGS5, The Order, a few others)

hnnng.

Continuing to not care about Xbox One, and my interest in X (Xenoblade Chronicles X) has waned a bit.

YARN YOSHI. ZOMG. That is all :P

Thread Information