Default Passenger plane shot down in Ukraine with over 200 deaths

Well things seem to have a turn to the worse now in Ukraine. I dont know how much you have heard over the last few days but several military jets were shot down and now a passenger plane flew over Ukraine, right before crossing over to Russia it was shot down by unknown AA.

I just wonder what might happen next, will NATO or EU put this conflict to an end.

Its a bit scary, Ukraine is not "far" away and technically Russia is a neighbouring country.

I read this on my commute home. Terrible news. Definitely not a good year for Malaysia Airlines.

Here is a link to an article if anyone is interested in reading up: Malaysia Airlines Plane Brought Down by Missile in Ukraine: US Official - ABC News
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I read about this in a couple local papers while at work. The Ukraine pointed the blame at Russia Separatist and Vise versa. Either way, I hope we stay out of it, last thing we need is another war; especially against a country like Russia. It won't be as simple as it was in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Im pretty sure its the separatists that did it, from the looks of it they captured an Ukrainian AA piece and thought they shot down a military cargo plane. There were rebels bragging about the shot down plane on twitter, however when it was known it was a civilian airliner they deleted the posts(but people took pics of the posts).

The problem is that I dont think this will solve itself and if no one does something it might get worse, UN troops are a no go as Russia will say no. However even if Russia is involved(and pretty much everyone knows it) they say they arent and keep out with regular troops. That probably means they dont want to get to deep into the conflict(aka, whatever happens they can back of and just say "we had nothing to do with it"). I guess that if NATO(or EU) send peace keepers Russia would back out.

But then again, USA got lots of problems and its fair to say that USA isnt the most popular country in those parts. And I think its fair that Europe starts to take care of our own problems instead of relying on USA.

Thread Information