Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Archeage! Trion's (Creator of RIFT) new project!

The games been in development for about 3 years now but I've only learned of it recently. It's made by a different korean studio but being published in North America by Trion! It's entering Closed Beta 2 on Wednesday and I got in! It looks like an awesome game. They're trying to make it as open world, and as much of a sandbox as possible. Want to start trade routes? Sure. Want to guard cargo with 50 other players protecting it from a guild of outlaws? Okay! Sail around the world? Raise your own mount? Naval combat? Mounted combat? There's pretty much everything you could want to do!

Here's a link to the site where you're open to opt-in for future betas. They plan on doing quite a few more and finish with an open beta as launch is still planned before the end of 2014.

Oh, did I mention it's Free to Play? And there's no NDA either! I'll be keeping plenty of Shadowplay footage I'm sure haha. It really does look like an amazing game.

I just signed up for beta! Totally never heard of this game either.... but they did some awesome shiz with Rift, and I have no doubt that they'll make a good quality game. That being said, I honestly feel like the days of the MMO as we know it are slowing going away. They are becoming less and less popular. Everyone I know that play Rift, Tera, ToR and even Wildstar quit within the first 1-2 months :/

Yeah I didn't even sub for ESO or Wildstar. I'm back on WoW a little bit, but that's about all that holds my interest atm. Archeage looks amazing. I like the looks of their mounts and pretty much everything you can do in the game. The classes are interesting too. It's similar to Rift where you can pick 2-3 to level up and play as simultaneously.

Any comments I've seen on playstyle all say "It's not action combat like TERA but not tab-target like WoW" so it'll be interesting to see how it plays!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    I just signed up for beta! Totally never heard of this game either.... but they did some awesome shiz with Rift, and I have no doubt that they'll make a good quality game. That being said, I honestly feel like the days of the MMO as we know it are slowing going away. They are becoming less and less popular. Everyone I know that play Rift, Tera, ToR and even Wildstar quit within the first 1-2 months :/
    I feel the same way. Maybe it's because back when MMOs seemed prevalent I was still a teenager with few responsibilities. As an adult I just don't have the time. That's why I love action rpgs (Diablo, Torchlight, Dark Souls) and games like Borderlands so much; They feel similarly rewarding and the levels and loot come at a much more satisfying pace, and it's much easier to jump into a game with a few buddies and have a ton of fun just bull****ting.

Sig by TheMangler

I signed up for the beta, but I don't know how much I'll be able to play with school starting soon.

So uhh..

There's a quest that lets you raise your own mount! Super awesome. Get to raise it from a little baby foal to a full grown mount. This was about an hour into the game and I accidentally purchased two foals and went to get rid of the other...and...well now I just feel terrible.

I destroyed it.

never heard ofit

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    So uhh..

There's a quest that lets you raise your own mount! Super awesome. Get to raise it from a little baby foal to a full grown mount. This was about an hour into the game and I accidentally purchased two foals and went to get rid of the other...and...well now I just feel terrible.

I destroyed it.

It's like Jermaine is looking into my soul. He understands </3

They just released a reward on Raptr to get free Access to the beta for 3 days. Just cause 10 RP points on raptr (which basically means play a game with raptr running for like 20 minutes. Going to give it a try.

Thread Information