Thread: FireFall FPSMMO

Default FireFall FPSMMO

With Destiny coming out and Sword Art Online 2 I've really been craving a new MMO that is a shooter. Saw that Firefall was just officially released on July 29th It's F2P and the market isn't a Pay to Win type of game. After playing it for a few hours, I really started to enjoy it, being able to move around and shoot takes the grind out of grinding. Anyone interested in a FPS/TPS MMO definitely give it a try. You can find it on steam or there website here: Firefall Official Website - Firefall

It reminds me a lot of Borderlands and Team Fortress. Plus a little bit of WoW in there.
    Last edited by Trunks; 08-07-2014 at 11:38 AM.

I played it back in beta and wasn't able to get into it. Now that it's fully launched maybe I'll give it another shot!

o.o It was released July 29th I thought? It was fun, I love the story but my laptop can't handle all the particles even on low D:. Maybe one I get my rig finished I'll give it another go.

You are right, I was going off an article on steam; I should know better.

Sorry to hear that, hard to game on laptops, they don't really make decent graphics cards for them, if they do it'll cost you upwards of 800+ and at that price you might as well by a desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    You are right, I was going off an article on steam; I should know better.

Sorry to hear that, hard to game on laptops, they don't really make decent graphics cards for them, if they do it'll cost you upwards of 800+ and at that price you might as well by a desktop.
    Yupp. My gaming laptop is a beast.... cost me about $1200, albeit that was quite awhile ago and prices aren't *as* bad (almost 6 years now). Graphics card fan blew out 2 1/2 years ago, but I'll tell you what.... that thing is STILL going strong :P

Yeah now days you can get a gaming laptop for 800ish with the capability of playing all modern games on at least medium with 40fps or so (friend just bought an Asus for 800 with one of the higher end GPU's for laptop's.) But couple years down the road you're stuck with a laptop that you can't upgrade and it will no longer run the newest games well. Always go desktop for gaming unless you don't mind playing games on low settings anc aren't really serious about online shooters.

Anyway, I put about 20ish more hours into Firefall, it's still just as awesome if not more awesome then when I first started. I'm currently level 22, level cap is 40. First dungeon/instance is at 24 and 25 is when I get my first permanent mount. So I'm sure I have more great times ahead of me.

Thread Information