Default New to PS3?

New to the PS3 and looking for games?
    For my 360 I use it for
    Shooters, Sports, Exclusives.

My PS3 is focused on fighting games and
    RPG's. So any good ones?

I'm already all over Persona 4 Arena for both
    consoles!

Tales of Xillia 2 just released, so I'd suggest that and the first one. Tales of Graces F, Tales of Symphnonia + Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new world...

Can you tell I like that series? Haha. Final Fantasy X & X-2 got an HD re-make this year. Along with Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix (and 2.5 Remix coming soon.)

Nier, Resonance of Fate, Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect 1-3 Collection, and White Knight Chronicles are all awesome games as well, some aren't RPG though. I like Marvel vs Capcom 3 for fighting. I've got Persona myself but haven't actually played it yet! D:

Hope that helps you on your game journey!

Tales of Graces F is a Wii port and Tales of Symphonia is a Gamecube port, Xillia is the only PS3-focused Tales game. It doesn't make Graces or Symphonia bad games, far from it in fact, but it's something worth keeping in mind.

If you're patient, I HIGHLY recommend Demon's Souls. I also am gonna go against roflbryce here and say that Beyond: Two Souls was one of the least interesting games i've ever played. The gameplay is limited to pushing what button they tell you to push at certain times, and then walking to the next cutscene. If you're into the idea of an interactive movie, go for it, but it's not really a game

Technically, Tales of Symphonia was a PS2 port because the GC version never had the mystic arte cutscenes :P Never knew that about Tales of Graces F though! I wasn't a fan of playing Beyond Two Souls but enjoyed the story, I made my gf play that one along with Heavy Rain haha. It definitely is more of an "interactive movie" though.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    Technically, Tales of Symphonia was a PS2 port because the GC version never had the mystic arte cutscenes
    Yeah, you're right, but the PS2 port was an enhanced version of the Gamecube game. :P Still, the point I was trying to make was that it wasn't optimized for current gen systems.

to be honest, I only played the demos of both Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls, but I thought Heavy Rain was MUCH more enjoyable.

Yeah ToS does feel clunky on the PS3, which is kinda disappointing, but it's my favorite story of any game I've ever played lol. Probably because it was the first RPG I'd ever beaten.

Heavy Rain was an amazing story with a huge number of different endings. I remember watching my gf play it like 3-5 hours each night for weeks trying to get them all!

I've also just heard of Tales of Hearts R getting released this November!!! Another RPG to try out lol.

okami, Atelier totori and all the atelier series are also good games

Thread Information