Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constantine

Quote Originally Posted by Synge View Post
    Wasn't really impressed by the pilot. Might be one of those shows I watch for the hell of it since it's cold as balls now.
    I watched the Constantine pilot last night too, and I agree, I wasn't overwhelmed by it. I was a bit more bored than entertained. Debating whether or not to watch the second episode.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Wasn't really impressed by the pilot. Might be one of those shows I watch for the hell of it since it's cold as balls now.

Was last week's episode that bad?
    It fell off for me. After watching Arrow and Flash. I'm more excited for those than Gotham. I don't think it's horrible, I like it. Just not my favorite,

I'm really starting to enjoy Gotham. The first couple eps were iffy for me. I think it's because imo Jada Smith (Fish), the chick that plays Barbara Gordon and Ben McKenzie (Gordon) are just terrible, unbelievable actors. And I wasn't sure where they were going with some characters and the story. But the more it goes on, the more I find myself enjoying it.

Constantine is just okay so far. I mean, it's not garbage... I just don't find myself being sucked into it, I'm not counting down the days until the next episode. I think if it weren't on network television and was instead on HBO or something (where it could be grittier, more dark and violent), it would be much better.

Still haven't watched Flash (although I've heard nothing but rave reviews) or Arrow (however after seeing that awesome boxing glove gif, it's a must on my list :P ).

Constantine sucks in my opinion. It makes me feel weird watching it cause all the NPC skeptics are assholes and the weirdly creepy super-religious NPC nutjobs are actually the ones we should be listening to.

Gotham has turned out to be great. They've slowly been building up the comic-bookness of some of the characters, and the general tone is in line with the Dark Knight trilogy which is of course fantastic. Feel generally the same about Arrow, though the writing isn't as good.

The Flash is fun but absurd. Like, they say he's currently maxing out at 800 miles per hour, yet last episode he waltzes half way across the city as a dude fire's his gut at his black dad and 2 other officers. He runs passed the bullets as if they're standing still, saves the two officers and then tackles his black dad. Bullets travel at 1500+ mph. I know it's a comic book TV show about a dude with super speed. I just wish they weren't so inconsistent with his abilities.

Sig by TheMangler

The Flash is fun but absurd. Like, they say he's currently maxing out at 800 miles per hour, yet last episode he waltzes half way across the city as a dude fire's his gut at his black dad and 2 other officers. He runs passed the bullets as if they're standing still, saves the two officers and then tackles his black dad. Bullets travel at 1500+ mph. I know it's a comic book TV show about a dude with super speed. I just wish they weren't so inconsistent with his abilities.
    Completely agree with you there. It did bug me a little. Especially when he couldn't outrun an ice blast which was traveling way slower than a bullet. But I looked past it.

And also, when he disguises his voice by vibrating his vocal cords, he sounds the same to me, but as if he's talking through a fan. How can Iris, someone who has known him for most of her life, not recognize him?

But again, I looked past it and still enjoy the storyline.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

Yeah, he manages to get his ass kicked in frustrating ways. The vocal thing seemed obvious to me too, I'll just chalk that up to Iris being an idiot.

But like you, I still enjoy the show. You just have to understand what it is, and turn your brain off for 45 minutes.

Sig by TheMangler

Actually Synge. Bullets do not travel that fast. Going to assume that the bullet fired in the show was a 9MM. If that is the case the average speed of a 9mm bullet is around 805 MPH. That number you listed may be velocity, I am not sure. But what I can say Velocity does not equal MPH or direct speed. And from the new comic point, Flash by Geoff Johns. Iris only met Barry slightly before he became the Flash. If I recall, they did not even have their first date. I need to go back a reread.
    Last edited by norid; 12-13-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

"The average bullet travels at 2,500 feet per second (around 1,700 mph)" According to google. I don't know much about guns but I know the variation depending on bullet/type of gun is huge, so I gave an approximation.

But even at 800mph, which is on the slow end, that's what Barry was maxing. He wouldn't have time to run across the city, dance around the bullets and save three cops.

Sig by TheMangler

The average bullet? I am calling BS at that. That info comes from Mythbusters. Maybe the assault rifles. MAYBE long range rifles at around the .270 range. Because any bigger you run into the same issue as the .45 ACP, where its a bigger round so it slows down. The new .50 cals and whatever legal variations they made for Cali might also be exceptions, at that point its no longer a bullet but a mini missile XD

But yea, in the show did they actually clock how fast Berry was going? Cause eventually he runs so fast to tear through time lol
    Last edited by norid; 12-16-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

Quote Originally Posted by norid View Post
    But yea, in the show did they actually clock how fast Berry was going? Cause eventually he runs so fast to tear through time lol
    So far I think he maxed out at Mach 1 when he made that running punch. Which is about 761 mph. But the last episode I watched (not the latest episode aired), the guy said that he runs at 600mph. This was a later episode than the Mach 1 episode. This show needs to be more consistent.

So I don't know.

Thread Information