Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What new RPG are you looking foward too?

For me, in November, It is either Lords of the Fallen or Dragon Age.

I will probably get Dragon Age day 1 then have that tide me over 'til December. Then after that. Hmmm Witcher 3? Bloodbourne? So many goodies coming out. May sell a liver or someone else's to support me through these bountiful times.

For close RPG's though. Dragon Age takes my top pick. Loved number 1, number 2 was shiny but felt hollow despite better combat. Do not like to over hype games, but my hype train is ready to steamroll.

So what RPG's are ya'll looking forward too? Can be games with hints of RPG elements a la Far Cry 4

Thank you Rachel and Subb for all the help

Wow, I must be out of the loop or something.... I can't think of any RPG's that are upcoming that I'm excited for. Last one was Shadow of Mordor.

How was it? Was thinking of getting it but passed on it.

The new persona 5 game. I think its coming out for ps4? not sure, dont even have one. haha.
    but thats what I'll look forward to.

haha saaame, but I think it is fall of 2015. No official date yet.

I wasn't a fan of Shadows of Mordor, but I really wanted to be! I couldn't get past the combat/controls but I wish I could. Everything I've read story-wise and with the AI mechanics is amazing. Plays similar to the Assassin's Creed Games, which I had the same issue with.

I'm looking forward to Dragon Age as well! I wish I had a Vita for Tales of Hearts R though. And Tales of Zestiria comes out next year! Not a whole ton coming out right away but I'm excited

Quote Originally Posted by norid View Post
    How was it? Was thinking of getting it but passed on it.
    I've been comparing it to a cross between Assassin's Creed and Batman. It's really, really fun. That being said, there's actually not a whole lot to the game... It's essentially "go here and kill these big baddies.... now go here and kill these ones... oh, here's a bow mission, do it and unlock some skill points to use, and then go kill this other dude." It's gotten a LOT of praise and perfect scores from a lot of magazines, etc., but I have to say that it's nothing *amazing* or new. Good graphics, violent and hella fun to play? Absolutely! A totally unique game with an amazing story, new mechanics and varied quests that will keep you entertained for weeks? Eh... not so much.

One thing that is nifty about the game is that the baddies level up if they kill you and other guys get promoted.... Anyhoo, to sum it up: the game is really fun and entertaining, but not anything overly amazing or deserving of the perfect scores/praise it's gotten, imo. Wouldn't pay full price, but I'd say on sale for $20 or something, totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    I wasn't a fan of Shadows of Mordor, but I really wanted to be! I couldn't get past the combat/controls but I wish I could. Everything I've read story-wise and with the AI mechanics is amazing. Plays similar to the Assassin's Creed Games, which I had the same issue with.
    Really? I thought both the combat and controls were super easy and simple. What didn't you like about them? I was using keyboard/mouse, though. I figured I'd start with that and if it got wonky, I'd switch to my controller... but it worked great! Which is weird because the game was definitely built moreso about a controller haha

Edit: Side note- I think part of the reason I found SoM so lackluster is because I don't like what "RPG's" are turning into. I mean, SoM is labeled an RPG and like I said it was essentially go here and kill this person and so on and so on. So far there has been essentially no interaction with any NPC's, no quests per se (its more look at the map and go to these area's), no "skill" points aside from 'add a point to make your health higher or add a point to make your dagger better', etc. I feel like a new category needs to be made... something like hack and slash RPG maybe? So you don't go in expecting skills, a huge open world, NPC's, quests and so on. I know that essentially the broad definition of RPG is simply any game where you play a character, but I guess to me it goes beyond that.
    Last edited by Mizel; 10-23-2014 at 02:05 PM.

American RPG's are kind of like that now :v Action plat-formers with *hints* of RPG elements :s
    RPG to me is; build your character, make your story, grind. In a nutshell at least

Quote Originally Posted by Mizel View Post
    Really? I thought both the combat and controls were super easy and simple. What didn't you like about them? I was using keyboard/mouse, though. I figured I'd start with that and if it got wonky, I'd switch to my controller... but it worked great! Which is weird because the game was definitely built moreso about a controller haha
    I can't really explain it, haha. I just don't like the control scheme and the simplistic combat I guess. It feels like it's a cross between a hack-n-slash and your standard ARPG. I'm not sure if the combat is too slow, or if it's the simple controls (Counter for daaays in AC2 haha. Never lost a fight!) but it just feels kind of..."off" to me? It's tough to explain. It doesn't feel as immersive, I suppose. Dragon Age? Fine with. Tales of Series? Sure! Assassin's Creed? Nawp. And Shadows of Mordor just felt almost identical is all. I've watched plenty of the game on YouTube and found it more enjoyable that way

Quote Originally Posted by norid View Post
    American RPG's are kind of like that now :v Action plat-formers with *hints* of RPG elements :s
    RPG to me is; build your character, make your story, grind. In a nutshell at least
    SO MUCH THIS. It feels like they try to make you think you've got a choice, but it's all linear anyways and what you do to upgrade/change doesn't really affect how you play at all in some of the newer games. I like playing around with different builds and strategies. Can't wait for Elder Scrolls 6! lol

For me its definitly dragon age and witcher 3. However I should probably also get divinity original sin as well when its cheap enough. (Just played divinity 2, loved the parodies in the game, or what ya say about this fella.)

(yup, he is a wizard incase you didnt notice)

Thread Information