Default Bioshock: Infinite - is it worth my time? <Possible spoiler in thread>

I am stressing the 'my time' part of the question, because I have a peculiar experience and certain prejudices about the game. Now that the hype is over, and for some reason I feel like playing it, I need to know first if it is my type.

- First and foremost, I am aware that

she (Elizabeth) is your daughter.
    Is this a major spoiler to the game? I had unintentionally stumbled upon it while surfing the net and... I assume the

big plot-twist at the end is ruined?

- Is the setting just a cliched shot at controversy? It sure feels like it. As much I am neither American nor a Bible-beater, the whole "hurr, durr, Murica bad, Christians crazy, boo racism, right wing sucks" motif has grown too stale to be anything other than lame.
    So - is it?

- I am not a huge fan of the previous Bioshock entries. The first was kinda cool at a first glance, but turned into a repetitive chore early on. The second was more of the same, only without the overall charm of the original.

- Combat. Is it any good? What I've seen from TB's video was okay, assuming you can invest in the pistol (yeah, I have a thing for high-impact handguns). And does it get repetitive; or unfair; are enemies bullet sponges later on; does it reward skill; smoothness?
    Can I get a comparison?

I suppose my main interest lies in whether the game has anything good to offer to someone of my position - hence the questions regarding the spoiler and the setting.
    And the deciding factor would be whether the title is any better than its predecessors in regards to gameplay and entertainment; - oh, and almost forgot - Immersion.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ROFLBRYCE; 02-09-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Edited your post, you had a MASSIVE spoiler for anyone who hasn't played the game, just to answer your question :P

I had the exact same mindset as you do actually when I went to play it. I didn't enjoy either of the first two Bioshock games.

I absolutely loved Infinite. It was all over the place, the story is phenomenal, and the gameplay is very fluid. I definitely recommend playing the game. It's definitely worth the price now (Anywhere from $3-8 on sale for PC and $10-20 for console). I haven't played the DLC for the game, but I heard it was just as good.

Thanks for replying. Always informative when you hear from someone of a similar mindset.
    But the spoiler will hinder the experience, right? - how much in percentage?
    Also, I didn't mention this as relevant, but could I get the full experience from 90-ish minutes a day? Or should I wait until the semester ends?
    Also, apologies for not including spoiler tags. Almost hurt someone the way some asshole got me awhile back.

I think it does affect the story, but you can still get a great experience knowing the fact. Actually, the game is funner the second time through (and I don't replay games often. So I think it's super worth it.)

I think you would be just fine playing through for 60-90 minutes a day. It's only about ~6-8 hours depending on your familiarity with FPS games, and the difficulty you set it at. However you might end up playing longer :P I had about that much time to play when I rented it, and beat it in two sessions haha.

Alright then.
    One more thing though, as my mouse hovers over the purchase button: How honest are the listed system requirements?
    Being an fps, I would prefer to be able to run it at at least 45 frames per second; at a resolution no lower than 1600x900.
    I have my rig listed back in the Defiance thread. Can you vouch for its optimization?

I can't vouch for optimization sorry I originally bought it on the Xbox 360. From my best guess you'll get at least 25-30 anywhere from medium to high, but that's all I'm able to track down from benchmarks. On low you should be able to push 45-50, but I don't know if it will stay steady or not.

Hope that helped you!

Thread Information