Question Gaming Community Archive?

In reaction to the University of Texas Video Game Archive, I am interested in establishing an archive devoted to the experiences of the gaming community. Any thoughts of this venture? I'm currently setting up a skeletal wiki page to aid in this.

what do you mean establish an archive? and tell us more of this project of yours unless u r just here to spam - just make an intro thread in New Gamers section to clear everything up - thanks!
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Default ok..

Not here to spam... sorry if I gave that impression.

Umm.. but the archive project is .. well.. derived from a few things. There are video game archives which basically document and preserve the industry side of video games, but there is little being done to preserve anything about the gaming community and their experiences. I would like to begin setting up a digital archive which would be able to document the gaming experience from the community perspective versus just the industry perspective. But I need people's feedback too.. this may just be a crazy idea .. or it might be something worth me spending some (lots of) free time organizing.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    what do you mean establish an archive? and tell us more of this project of yours unless u r just here to spam - just make an intro thread in New Gamers section to clear everything up - thanks!

i think i know what u r saying but if you can post information and get feedback later on i'll allow it but if you will post links, read the FAQs so you know exactly how to post links

we've had a few other people come in and get feedback from the members, forum was in a newspaper once but i lost contact with the writer to get a copy of the article
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

cool.. but sorry to hear that you lost touch with the newspaper writer.. that sucks. but maybe the article will turn up somewhere.. like in an archive. heh.

Thread Information