Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Chromehounds - Complete waste of time and money. Took it back after 2 days.

TMNT 1989 Arcade - Another waste of money for a lousy assed game.

Robotron 2084 - Got it with my XBL vision. Horrible, horrible game

Lost Planet - Online was an unbalanced, lagfest and the single player was not good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cool View Post
    I wonder if people even know what the difference between a good game and a bad game really is? It has nothing to do with how much one likes a game, but rather technicial aspects of the game combined with a comparable value.
    Sorry, but I have to completely disagree with this statement. It has everything to do with how much you like or enjoy a game regardless of technical tomfoolery. I think that if you liked a simple and fun game better than an Instant classic then the ?20 game is a better Game because *you* got more enjoyment from it, and at the end of the day, that's what matters!

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeHard View Post
    Chromehounds - Complete waste of time and money. Took it back after 2 days.

TMNT 1989 Arcade - Another waste of money for a lousy assed game.

Robotron 2084 - Got it with my XBL vision. Horrible, horrible game

Lost Planet - Online was an unbalanced, lagfest and the single player was not good either.
    Man, I think if you would have stuck it out a little bit more, got your mech set up nicely, and found a good clan to stick with, you would have had a blast. Chromehounds was a huge positive surprise for me. Granted, the single player was merely a training portion of the game but overall I loved it.

I guess my gripe in reading many of these comments are citing they don't like the overall jist of the game. Example being Viva Pinata. The common trend I'm reading is that it was tedious and was like a farm simulator and such. I knew leading up to the game that this was the concept. If anyone was expecting a 360 Animal Crossing-esque game, sorry but that's just not doing your homework.

Anyways - I'd give my stinker award to PDZ. Single player didn't hold my attention very long. Multiplayer just wasn't fun to me.

Dead Rising was a close runner up. The demo made the game feel like a blast but in the retail game, it got old fast. Plus, the "be here at this specific time or you're screwed" took away so much of the free roam aspect that the game could have potentially had. Granted I was fine with it being linear, the time limit aspect sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cov3rt View Post
    I guess my gripe in reading many of these comments are citing they don't like the overall jist of the game. Example being Viva Pinata. The common trend I'm reading is that it was tedious and was like a farm simulator and such. I knew leading up to the game that this was the concept. If anyone was expecting a 360 Animal Crossing-esque game, sorry but that's just not doing your homework.

Anyways - I'd give my stinker award to PDZ. Single player didn't hold my attention very long. Multiplayer just wasn't fun to me.

Dead Rising was a close runner up. The demo made the game feel like a blast but in the retail game, it got old fast. Plus, the "be here at this specific time or you're screwed" took away so much of the free roam aspect that the game could have potentially had. Granted I was fine with it being linear, the time limit aspect sucked.
    Hey Cov3rt, I see this is your first post welcome to the forum, why don't you make an introduction forum and we can all get to know you a bit better

I'll assume this is aimed somewhat at me as I opened with a Viva bash. If that's the case you missed my mark. It's not that I didn't get the jist of the game. Trust me, I do my homework and am very up to speed with what a title offers before I purchase it.

My problem was that I felt Rare executed the concept poorly (though with technical grace on the graphical side). I was hoping they would take it to the Maxis level if they were going to base a game essentially around the AI of pinatas. Again, they lacked personality and character. It felt hollow.

Beyond that, it wasn't precisely the fact it felt like a farming sim that bugged me. It was the fact it was a farming sim based around fantasy world physics (i.e. non intuitive mechanics for success) . The world operated on its own system of logic, and I constantly felt at odds for understanding whether an action that seemed like a good choice (based on my real world familiarity with plants and animals) would benefit me at all.

I can't give a really solid example, but suffice to say there always seemed to be some weird fruit or nut that would have effects on game play that made no rational sense outside of Rare's arbitrary desire to make it so. The encyclopedias were of little help in some of these regards and the game seemed hell bent on making you use inductive logic based on long periods of observation to make the connections. Sadly, though the approach is admirable in some cases, it just wasn't very fun. Once it became clear that the market mechanics and lack of personality in the AI barred any real sense of attachment (or familiarity) with these pinatas, they all seemed like vacuous automatons with dollar signs on their backs. I wanted a game centered around nurturing personality (e.g. Black and White on PC, for example). Not some junior capitalist training simulator.

One day, after a few hours of staring at my garden trying to figure out what I wanted to motivate myself to do, I realized I was forcing myself to play in spite of meaning or fun - not because of it. That's when I put it down for good and took a walk in the park.

Part of me wants to pick it up again (it has yet to be sold). Sadly, I'm cynical that the effort will be rewarded.

ps: The load times, though small compared to some past titles, were too long for me to find jumping around between the various books and stores comfortable. This probably contributed to my dislike a bit also

Dude, it's a common instance in the game where you are stuck waiting for some random pinata to show up, then wait for the second one to show up, then try to get them to do the dirty together, before you can finally advance. No matter how many attractants I put down, and how much I had enough grass/water whatever in my garden, I would have to wait for a really long time to get something come, much less stay. I remember waiting forever for a stupid duck to show up, only for it to ignore the 10 pieces of bread I had down that it had to eat to stay, and then left, all after I had waited a half hour for it to show up. If that's not tedium, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Dude, it's a common instance in the game where you are stuck waiting for some random pinata to show up, then wait for the second one to show up, then try to get them to do the dirty together, before you can finally advance. No matter how many attractants I put down, and how much I had enough grass/water whatever in my garden, I would have to wait for a really long time to get something come, much less stay. I remember waiting forever for a stupid duck to show up, only for it to ignore the 10 pieces of bread I had down that it had to eat to stay, and then left, all after I had waited a half hour for it to show up. If that's not tedium, I don't know what is.
    I didn't seem to encouter the problem. It could have been that your garden had too many pinatas in it and couldn't eat your things because there was no room to join.

Personally, the worst thing I encountered in the game was things going invisable.

I think another reason people didn't like the game is because they tried to keep as many different pinata in their garden rather then ditching them for the cooler ones.

I didn't seem to encouter the problem. It could have been that your garden had too many pinatas in it and couldn't eat your things because there was no room to join.

Personally, the worst thing I encountered in the game was things going invisable.

I think another reason people didn't like the game is because they tried to keep as many different pinata in their garden rather then ditching them for the cooler ones.
    What makes one pinata "cooler" than another? Regardless, I wanted to identify with my pinatas and resented the necessity to ditch them like insignificant objects (if they were so insignificant, why was I playing at all?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cool View Post
    I wonder if people even know what the difference between a good game and a bad game really is? It has nothing to do with how much one likes a game, but rather technicial aspects of the game combined with a comparable value. Just about all of the games listed in this thread do not justify that label as the "worst game on the XBox360" as many of those games did either have aspects that it did do well in or on a preponderance of aspects did well. A truly awful game must have terrible graphics and audio, terrible gameplay, terrible game value (quantitive), and terrible mechanics.

Perfect Dark Zero was decent overall, and had some good multiplayer... just some extremely ugly art direction. Viva Pinata was a good game overall, but the concept was one that is just not compatible with the primary demographic of the XBox360 (this game is what you call "Brand Building"). Marvel Ultimate Alliance was decent overall, but nothing particularly stood out for me in that game. As for those that think the likes of Halo 3 or Gears of War was a terrible game... well... nothing I can do for you there. You might as well give up playing video games and leave the real games for the real gamers.

...no.

If you REALLY want to know what is the worst game on the XBox360 then any answer than "Bomberman Zero" would be an inaccurate and incorrect answer. This game was just plain bad on ALL aspects... and I would challenge anyone to compare what they "think" is the worst game on the XBox360 to this game and explain why it is such.

Now if you really want to play more awful games... go pick up a Nintendo Wii... you got a large library of bad and awful games. There are some games on the Nintendo Wii that is even worse than the extremely awful Bomberman Zero (though there are a handful of decent games on the Nintendo Wii as well). Can't judge a platform on the greatest or worst game though... it is the overall prominence of the library.
    ......or mabey good and bad are just opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    What makes one pinata "cooler" than another? Regardless, I wanted to identify with my pinatas and resented the necessity to ditch them like insignificant objects (if they were so insignificant, why was I playing at all?)
    Example being early on you start with a Worm and eventually can get the bigger guys like Elephants and what not.

While not required, you had the ability to build up the value of your pinata and see how it stood on the leaderboard for that pinata.

Like I said, if you went into the game thinking otherwise, that's not exactly doing your homework on the game.

Thread Information