Hybrid View

Default New Sig of the Week Board (An Intro + FAQs)

As I have said a few days ago, the New Sig of the Week competitions will be coming to this forum and today is the day. This is just an intro thread introducing the new board and getting all you members used to this.

New threads will be opened with title similar to "SOTW 1 :: Submit" and then a poll will be opened with a title similar to "SOTW 1 :: Vote for Your Favorite" where you can vote for all the sigs entered. Below will be some FAQs that will be asked by members so I will answer them for you beforehand.

1. Can Anyone Enter the SOTW competition?

Simple answer is Yes. As long as you follow the competition rules and you have a signature made in time, you can enter it anytime you wish.

2. How many Sigs Can I enter into one competition?

You can only enter just ONE (1) sig per competition. It is only to be fair to other members so all of you have an equal opportunity to win and vote.

3. Can I enter more than One SOTW Competition?

Well only one will be taking place at a time so after that one is done a new one will open, You can participate in both if you wish to. No restrictions, not yet at least.

4. Can I enter the same signature I've used for the previous one?

No you may not. If you have entered that signature once before, You cannot re-enter it for at least another 3 months. It wouldn't be fair and it will get repetetive. Your work won't show any diversity and it can bore the voters.

5. Can I enter a sig that someone else have made for me?

Absolutely not. You should not take credit for what someone else has done. To prove that you are the original creator, you must provide me with a copy of the .PSD file and/or put the SOTW logo on that sig. More will be specified in each competition thread.

6. How many people can enter one SOTW Competition?

Maximum of 6 People will be allowed to enter at a time. So you have to be one of the first 6 to respond with your signature if you want the spot. We need just TWO (2) entries to start the voting. Of course both numbers will change as this forum grows and becomes more active. It will also change if there is a lot of interest shown in this competition.

7. Can I vote for my own Signature to win?

No you may not, this is only to be fair to everyone. Of course we know you think that your signature is better than the rest of them but this is to show sportsmanship. Vote for others and they shall vote for you.

8. Can I comment on the poll about a signature?

Yes of course but only POSITIVE Comments. Nothing like "I don't like that sig so I didn't vote" - this will be considered bad sportsmanship. If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all. If a person asks for a review within his or her own thread, you can critisize there.

9. Is there a specific theme to the SOTW Contest?

There will be different themes but not 100% of the time. Usually it will be freestyle and people do a lot better if they can do a sig about anything they want without having to restrict them on anything.

10. Will there be a specific size limit?

Well currently we Will NOT allow any sigs with more than 500x200 as their dimensions. It just gets to big. But certain SOTW Competitions may change around the dimensions so always pay attention to what the thread says.

11. What is the prize for Winning?

The winner will be awarded 250 GFP for now. As the forum gets bigger and better, more prizes will come. As for now we cannot do anythin better than that. For that I am sorry.

12. Will I get anything for entering the competition?

No you will not. You will enter to show off your work and try to prove to everyone else that you are better than them. What more can you want besides showing everyone you are one of the best?

---------------------------------------------------------

More FAQs and rules will be added so in the meantime, Enjoy! And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

LiNuX
    Last edited by LiNuX; 11-01-2007 at 12:43 PM.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

11. Rule

Do you still win the GFP for winning?
    -> Thank you Miss Th3-devils-princess! I <3 DA SIG!
    v Latest Badazz Sig v

Winner of One Signature of the Week!

Quote Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
    11. Rule

Do you still win the GFP for winning?
    I don't believe so. :C

If we don't we should start doing it again

Yeah, I can understand that it's a very big prize o.O Maybe it should be less D:
    v Latest Badazz Sig v

I have to start giving those out in mass. Most of the SOTWs were already paid. I have a txt file somewhere on my pc with that. The only reason the latest ones haven't received anything is because the SOTW was dormant for several months, kinda lost track.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Yes true, I've notest that. When I joined I saw the old SotWs and they pratically had all at least 3 sigs only... Glad to see now it's much active Just like in the Pokémon SotW, it has a whole bunch of them ^^
    v Latest Badazz Sig v

Yes true, I've notest that. When I joined I saw the old SotWs and they pratically had all at least 3 sigs only... Glad to see now it's much active Just like in the Pokémon SotW, it has a whole bunch of them ^^
    I guest everyone have a differ taste.
    So the majority of them might like the theme of Pokemon just as us. :P

Pokemon rule lol.

And by the way, about the GFP prize, it should be continue.

Agree, since I won the SotW of the Videogames :P But I do think that 250 GFP is a big prize... Will it still be that big?
    v Latest Badazz Sig v

Agree, since I won the SotW of the Videogames :P But I do think that 250 GFP is a big prize... Will it still be that big?
    Eh? The SotW Videogames not ended yet lol.

And by the way, 250 GFP quite big but more GFP will be better since the price of custom user tittle and username changes price is increases recently.

Thread Information