View Poll Results: Should cloning of endangered species be allowed ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Cloning of endangered species should be allowed

6 66.67%
  • No ! There are too many issues that will rise up

0 0%
  • These clones will take over ! You are all going to Die !!!!

3 33.33%

Default "Cloning" Yay or Nay

link

# Arborist will use redwood cuttings to make clones of the ancient trees
    # Old-growth redwoods used to range up and down Calfornia
    # Many redwoods have been cut down over the last few hundred years
    # Redwoods are the tallest living organisms in the world, some are 2,000 years old
    Now I know some people are touchy feely about cloning. I guess mostly because of the whole morality issue. So after reading the above mentioned article do you think that cloning should be allowed for preserving endangered species of plants / animals ?
    I mean I would like my kids to be able to see these ancient trees and all the beautiful wild life. Wont you ?

yes to endangered species - it could be the only way to save those creatures - should NOT be used on humans since it could be used for evil or worse - humans are (considered) more precious than most other animals - and they can TALK lol, could be problems but i know they have already cloned people before
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

as long as they're not cloning anything dangerous, or very very important, than there's not really that much of a risk factor.

Cloning? I have issues with it. Not on moral grounds, yet at least. Rather, from a technical standpoint, I see it being either utilized in a way that causes unintended consequences or for some great evil plot.

Cloning is definitely a tricky area.. but so is a lot of technology and scientific advancement. As long as ethics, standards and laws are applied, then there ought to be nothing wrong with cloning. It will just need to be regulated like any other technology we have. And we know that everyone follows regulations...

I'm all for cloning. There will be hiccups and challenges, but in time they will be ironed out.

Imagine, after putting a breathable atmosphere on Mars we could populate the planet super fast!

Has anyone here had cloned meat yet? I havent but I know it has approved by the FDA. To tell if it is cloned the meat is stamped with Organic on it.

cloning should be allowed, mainly with younger animals, the adult animals will take them as their own, clones will always be different from their originals as something always changes, otherwise we'd look the same as our brothers and sisters. the way they think will also be different.There are never 2 minds alike. Cloning is a good way to keep a dying population going but you always have to use the young imo. There's ethical reasons for it not to be done.. but especially on animals i doubt they care... why should we? then again we could just let these animals die and think to ourselves "more of the world to us!".

Remember Battletoads and live in/near London?
    CHECK THIS OUT!

Cloning doesn't bother me.

I think in the long run it could be very beneficial.

Things like resources, animals, etc could be restored and could help out countries and animals who need them.

well you can clone animals for food to feed the people that are starving OR have those chickens at the farms mate like crazy and lay more eggs thats another way

we need to be able to clone things like Donuts lol - just so at the end of the world, we'll be able to survive with just one piece of donut, just clone it when ur hungry
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thread Information