View Poll Results: Will humans ever populate other planets?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, never

0 0%
  • Yes!

7 31.82%
  • Maybe, but not in my life time.

15 68.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Humans Moving From Earth

Is it every going to happen? Will humans every break free from Earth's gravity and populate the Moon, Mars, new planets. It is the stuff of science fiction but it may be possible. Humans living on other planets would be really cool to see, especially in my life time.

I however don't think life on other planets is possible, unless we have a severe overcrowding problem on Earth that makes it practically unhealthy to live here.

Not in our lifetime. Our space program makes little progress in my opinion. Technology hasn't got to the point where space travel is easy and affordable, although there are many ideas flying around which have no funding.

Its quite possible that sometime in the future, a dome can be built on the Moon but in all honestly humans living on other planets is even longer off. The closest planet is Mars but even that would take a long time to travel to and from, so establishing settlements there would take a very long time

Not going to happen, not enough resources. Combined with no scientific way to do it quick enough. Rockets will not get the job done.

Besides will probably wipe ourselves off the planet before hand.

I believe it is definitely possible, and with that dome idea that Scott said, would probably work out fine. All we would need to do is plant a bunch of trees inside of it, and get a good water/food supply going. This idea is almost definitely not going to happen within the next 100 years though, maybe even 200 years for all we know. But remember one thing, anything is possible, and the possibilities are vast.

with the proper tools, it is possible for humans to be living on certain parts of other planets, but taking into consideration the amount of time, money, and natural resources, it would take to move everyone to, say jupiter, it'd dang near impossible, if not already.

Yes, but not in my lifetime and if so way later in in that it won't matter for me anyways, I mean hell it's going to take them till like 2030 just to get the base on the Moon done, by then I'll be almost 50.

Most of the planets are in habitable, because of various reasons such as Atmosphere, Gravity, and deadly gases in the air. Also some planets are just big balls of gas, so you couldn't even walk on it.

Only places that even considerable is Mars and that Jupiter moon but then you have to worry about huge amount of radiation in those parts that can kill humans like instantly

Quote Originally Posted by jakncoke View Post
    Only places that even considerable is Mars and that Jupiter moon but then you have to worry about huge amount of radiation in those parts that can kill humans like instantly
    Or if you end up on a planet like Lost Planet the big bugs will get you lol

I'm talking realistically, not fantasy land. Even if there is planets such as that we'd never be able to get there, we only can get our spacecrafts going 40k miles per hour, which is super fast but in that space that = super slow seeing how long it would take just to get to the Kuiper Belt

Thread Information