View Poll Results: Do you like my GOTY idea?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 68.18%
  • No

7 31.82%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default Game of the Year

2007 is coming at an end, and I heard? that LiNuX is making me a trial moderator and I'll be moderating the General Gaming, and Fighting & Action, I'd like to setup a little Gamers Forum "game of the year" contest. Tell me if you like, and then we will go with the plan. So my plan is, at the end of the year, or even couple of months, we will hold a "Gamers Forum: Game of the Year." Now before we get to the voting part, we need to nominee some games. So let's say I nominee game #1 and that is.. Halo 3. (I picked randomly) I put in Halo 3 as one of the nominee's. Now, you may only enter 20 games. That means, if you have entered one, you can't enter another. Okay, so person 1 entered Halo 3, Halo 3 is now on my list. NOW, when that list reach's 20, I will begin the "Elimination Round," that means you have to vote. And the 4 lowest scoring games are out of here. So we come down to 16. Then we have Division 1, which has 8, and Division 2 which has 8, in those divions only 8 games from both come out. Now we begin the pre-semi-finals, where 4 games out of those 8 will lose and be eliminated. NOW, we begin the semi finals, and once two of those games lose. So let's say Halo 3, Crysis, DiRT, God Of War 2, are in, and DiRT and Halo 3 lose, Crysis and GoW2 face off in the finals. AND THIS THEN DETERMINES THE GAME OF THE YEAR FOR LET'S SAY 2007. If you like my idea, vote yes, if you don't, vote no. Thank you.

NOTE: IF A POLL DOESN'T COME OUT, JUST SAY YES OR NO. THANK'S FOR READING.
    Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!
    YouTube - MrGamertip's Channel

That's is a great idea but we have to wait for Linux and let him answers on this treads. But I'm vote for a yes.

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

Great. I agree, if only LiNuX can make like a little section for this. That would be great.
    Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!

Why are we nominating games and all that can't you just start a poll with this years 10 best games in it?

See, that way it won't be official. I mean sure, I can start a poll with my opinions on the 10 best games but that would be mine. I want to do something different, I want your opinion on the best game for 2007. It is much funner and better to have something like this take place, then something like start a poll throw in 10 games by your view that are the best and have people vote.

I usually make a poll with 12 options: 3 games from each of the consoles, 3 multi format and other lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I usually make a poll with 12 options: 3 games from each of the consoles, 3 multi format and other lol
    You can only have 12 options in a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    You can only have 12 options in a poll.
    When you're a mod you can make a poll as big as you want lol

If that is the case I will have to split the topics up.. Yeah, I'll split em' up with 2 topics, one having 10 and same with the other. Scott, you aren't seeing the point here, I hosting a more "official" Game Of The Year. I am having opinions from different people.

Quote Originally Posted by Leech View Post
    If that is the case I will have to split the topics up.. Yeah, I'll split em' up with 2 topics, one having 10 and same with the other. Scott, you aren't seeing the point here, I hosting a more "official" Game Of The Year. I am having opinions from different people.
    Yeah I get it.... Last site I was on I tried something like that but nobody was voting in the polls so we made 1 HUGE poll with something like 30 options.

Thread Information