Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Call Of Duty 4

Hybrid View

I think the more realistic alternative is to man up and get used to it.

Judging by the responses in this thread, it isn't the popular opinion that the M16 is overpowered to the point that it needs to be "toned down." So the suggestion in itself is kind of silly.

The hit detection issues on the sniper rifles/ACOG is actually an issue. Whining about how "strong" a weapon is, is well, just whining. It reeks of being a sore loser, it doesn't signify that someone is inherently vested in seeing that each weapon in the game is as close to its real-life counterpart as possible. The mere idea is ridiculous. I'm sure none of the weapons share the same physical qualities within the game that they do in real-life. Not to mention that the characters themselves that are getting shot at having inhuman strength. I can say for certain that a single shot from an M16 would put me on the ground in a ball...assuming it wasn't a well-aimed one that just killed me immediately.

I mean, you're so caught up with one flaw in the game, all the while you're looking over all the other flaws that would essentially be in-line with your logic.

play more Hardcore and you might see this problem less.

Quote Originally Posted by TeknoVagrant View Post
    I think the more realistic alternative is to man up and get used to it.

Judging by the responses in this thread, it isn't the popular opinion that the M16 is overpowered to the point that it needs to be "toned down." So the suggestion in itself is kind of silly.

The hit detection issues on the sniper rifles/ACOG is actually an issue. Whining about how "strong" a weapon is, is well, just whining. It reeks of being a sore loser, it doesn't signify that someone is inherently vested in seeing that each weapon in the game is as close to its real-life counterpart as possible. The mere idea is ridiculous. I'm sure none of the weapons share the same physical qualities within the game that they do in real-life. Not to mention that the characters themselves that are getting shot at having inhuman strength. I can say for certain that a single shot from an M16 would put me on the ground in a ball...assuming it wasn't a well-aimed one that just killed me immediately.

I mean, you're so caught up with one flaw in the game, all the while you're looking over all the other flaws that would essentially be in-line with your logic.

play more Hardcore and you might see this problem less.
    The M16 being overpowered is an issue. It's a game balance issue and complaining about it is perfectly fine. The M16 is good enough in the game that if everyone on one team of average skill used the M16, I'd be willing to bet that they'd win almost every match. That's how good the M16 is in this game. Would you complain if it took 3 bursts from the M16 to kill something?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Let me rephrase this then. In Team Deathmatch, the M16 is way too powerful. It's almost as powerful as the .50 cal and more powerful than anything else despite the fact that in real life it's less powerful than anything that isn't an SMG. If they had downloadable content and a BB gun that was more powerful than the .50 cal was available, you wouldn't be irritated?

It shouldn't be possible that an M16 with stopping power/deep penetration is more powerful than an M60 with stopping power/deep penetration. The game is rooted in real life so it should be somewhat realistic.
    The M16 is fine, so are all the other weapons. Take my advice and pay attention to the perks people are using. That's what's giving you the impression that it's overpowered. Learn to adapt on the virtual battlefield and you'll gain the upper hand.

No, I never played PGR2. And I have never fallen victim to an "overpowered" M16 in COD4.

I don't agree that it is "leaps and bounds" better than any of the other weapons. The weapons in the game are only as good as the user makes them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TeknoVagrant View Post
    No, I never played PGR2. And I have never fallen victim to an "overpowered" M16 in COD4.

I don't agree that it is "leaps and bounds" better than any of the other weapons. The weapons in the game are only as good as the user makes them to be.
    It takes 3 times as long to kill someone with anything else.

It takes 3 times as long to kill someone with anything else.
    Maybe in those schmuck game modes, but not in hardcore. If you're so concerned about the realism of the game, maybe you should play the more realistic game modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    The M16 is fine, so are all the other weapons. Take my advice and pay attention to the perks people are using. That's what's giving you the impression that it's overpowered. Learn to adapt on the virtual battlefield and you'll gain the upper hand.
    The perks are irrelevant to the argument. An M16 with stopping power and deep penetration is more powerful than any other weapon in the game with the same perks by a lot.

What exactly is it about the M16 that makes it more powerful? You have to use stopping power to even kill someone with one burst, and even then you have to make it a full on chest or head shot. I\'d say my G36C with the same perks kills someone just as easily, if not faster. The M16 has a bit more range on it though.

And the TVR Speed 12 was a *****en brick on wheels. I rocked TVR drivers with the CLK-GTR and GT1. You had to be amazing at the game to really be able to use the TVR.

I think we need a youtube video comparison of the M16 and other weapons, because some people (like me) aren\'t seeing much of a power difference between the M16 and other ARs with the same perks and then others (like the OP) are saying it overpowers everything very noticeably by leaps and bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cool View Post
    What exactly is it about the M16 that makes it more powerful? You have to use stopping power to even kill someone with one burst, and even then you have to make it a full on chest or head shot. I\'d say my G36C with the same perks kills someone just as easily, if not faster. The M16 has a bit more range on it though.
    I've been killed by one round in the chest in Team Deathmatch. My M60 (A gun designed to take out lightly armored vehicles such as cars, trucks) cannot duplicate that. It's silly. Don't put these weapons in the game if you're going to change their properties around entirely.

The perks are irrelevant to the argument. An M16 with stopping power and deep penetration is more powerful than any other weapon in the game with the same perks by a lot.
    So, who cares. The weapons are supposed to be slightly unbalanced. There ARE supposed to be power weapons. Remember how much more fun Halo 2 was because there were more powerful weapons, that's what the whole fight was over...to gain control of them...that's the fun part, when you do have those guns! It makes it freakin' more fun. If everything was super balanced, it would be boring. (as Halo 3 is to me now) Too balanced = not fun in the long run.

There are still enough options out there to stop an M16 though, just be smart tactically for the gun you're using and mess with a lot of the gadgets as well. It's also not like it's a real "ranked" type of game where you're really competing a ton, Call of Duty 4 is more about trying out everything and doing your own thing, you always rank up because you always get experience pretty much! So just have fun with it!

Thread Information