Default System 32 Error on start up

I have a friend which I am trying to help urgently on the phone now.. he is having system32 issue on startup which causes his computer to not boot windows at all.

I need some advice on how to fix this WITHOUT reformatting his PC.

turn it on as safe mode, dont know what button to click since its different for every computer i use in my house lol - for me its F8 to launch start up options

after logging into safemode, tell him to maybe restore his pc to an earlier time if possible - if it doesn't let him login to safe mode, his OS is probably destroyed

im not too sure if my methods will work but safe mode has always helped me out when i was having problems at start up
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

it's possible to copy the system32 folder from the disc i think.. though I'm not sure as i've never had to do it.. you don't have to format... you could just do a restore from the XP disc which keeps all your files just writes all windows files to fresh install and you have to redo all your shortcuts

Remember Battletoads and live in/near London?
    CHECK THIS OUT!

you can only copy the system 32 files to a disk if you have the same computer; same model and everything. I only know this because my computer was doing it about a year ago and a friend tried that but it failed because we had different computers.

I believe that it's F8 or F12 to get to the menu for a safe mode start up. Not really sure which but one of those two should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenatello View Post
    you can only copy the system 32 files to a disk if you have the same computer; same model and everything. I only know this because my computer was doing it about a year ago and a friend tried that but it failed because we had different computers.

I believe that it's F8 or F12 to get to the menu for a safe mode start up. Not really sure which but one of those two should do it.
    it differs for each computer, my old windows 98 would bring up the option when u clicked F2 or F5 (one of those) and my old Laptop was F12
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

When ya find out what works LMK Because. a computer I made does it too

Quote Originally Posted by JacobBranch View Post
    When ya find out what works LMK Because. a computer I made does it too
    if its a computer you made recently just reinstall the OS

Well I've never had the problem, but I expect you could use the ones from the disc? or just do a reinstall but not format the drive.. you keep all the software on your pc you just need to make new shortcuts for all your programs in program files etc. Only surefire way of it working that I know of.

Remember Battletoads and live in/near London?
    CHECK THIS OUT!

Thread Information