View Poll Results: Which Windows version should LiNuX Use?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • XP

18 72.00%
  • Vista

6 24.00%
  • Windows 95

1 4.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XP or Vista?

Your old router would work with Vista, Linux, You all have the wrong reasons for hating Vista except for Gremlin, don't worry my brother, I feel your pain, vista wronged me in that way, too. if there's ever software that doesn't have a vista download, most of the time the XP one would work anyway, if it doesn't, ohwell. When I was on Vista, I tried installing my webcam, Logitech said 'sorry, this camera doesn't work on vista' how much do you bet they just put something in the code to make it detect the OS and go 'well he just spent loads on a new OS.. why shouldn't he get a new camera?' I think a lot drivers may be like that right now.. Also, I ran Vista Home Premium.. I'm, as you all know, a tech freak, I love LAN Gaming etc.. Tried to setup a simple crossover network to find my second onboard LAN was disabled due to my version of windows... now i would of updated to ultimate except i didn't have a cd key for the home premium.. :P if you buy any of the CD's, if you don't want to enter the CD key as it's on another pc, you can just install Vista and choose any version of Vista you want and then just don't use the key and it won't lock you out anymore.. I tried it ^^ used my friends Home Pro which he lent to me ^^ I think the best is to get an XP with loads of programs slipstreamed into it, i've said it before, i'll say it again, as all your favourite changes are generally already made and some you didn't even know of and it just makes setup so much easier

Remember Battletoads and live in/near London?
    CHECK THIS OUT!

I don't like vista very much, soo I'd have to say XP. Because, for one vista takes up alot more space as an OS, and you can modify XP to run like a pro.

Thread Information