Default Call of Duty 4: stats reset

Sometimes when you playing online on COD 4 your stats reset i dont want to lose my stats is there a way to back up my profile just in case

does that happen everytime you sign on or just all of a sudden resets?

if it is it could be their online servers problem but i am not sure, i have played COD 4 but not well enough to know how you can actually back up ur profile, i'll try to find something about it
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

the cpu crashed and i had to turn it off would that corrupt them.
    also happens wen it launchs a mod

i dont no but it might be the server

wow i have never had this happen to me im still the same lvl ? idk man hope u find a way to ge that lvl where it should be

I think i might now now ause i usually play on non punkbuster servers and i have already backed up my new stats
    thanks for the help

To take a backup of your account go to program files, activision, call of duty 4 - And copy that folder elsewhere onto your computer. That way if it corrupts you can always replace it and go back to where you were.

Be sure to regularly take a backup.

i have no clue dude... mine have never done that and im a prestige 3

Yeah i hate losing my stats!, I wonder if we can back them up <3

Upon launching a MOD such as "Call of duty 4 ModWarfare" It will NOT reset your stats to rank 1 at all, that MOD in specific is using a different source to read from, the maximum rank within that MOD is only 1, and for each MOD you must rank up on it. If you disable this MOD and go back to the original game you will soon find you are back to your original rank - nothing is lost via loading a new MOD. Now back onto the main subject within this thread which i can help with .

- [WORKS WITH WINDOWS XP AND BELOW ONLY] -

Navigate into your "Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare" folder in which the game is installed to, copy the folder labeled "Players" into a backup folder, this will then store your profiles in-case they are deleted. I must warn you, if you change your CD Key or try to copy your profile to another computer which is using a different CD Key they will be set to rank 1, this is a precaution used by Activision to try and crack down on rank 55 hacks - of course people still use rank 55 hacks, i admit myself to using one after my rank was reset. Anyway so yes that is how you can back up your rank, but you MUST have the same CD Key in order to keep your profile working.

I will be posting how to do this within Windows Vista shortly as the setup is different within that operating system, the "Players" folder on Vista is not inside the same folder.

-Kain220

Default My account did this

I was playing cod4 the other day and i got signed out when i signed back in i was lvl 1. when before i was lvl 55 prestige 10 with 70k kills and 25 days play time. now i have to start again which i am not doing. i got in contact with activision and they said it is a recuring error which they are working on to fix but they cant get my stats back. i dont want to play any games so i am still lvl 1 waiting incase my rank comes back. i still have all my guns with red tiger and that.

Thread Information