Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skate

Default Skate

This game is being reviewed on the Xbox 360 console.

Graphics - 9/10

The graphics are AWESOME! The character models are REALLY detailed. But may look like zombies sometimes. San V is beautiful. Beautifully rendered city, from the ground to those huge sky-scrapers. I can assure you, you are feeling like you are skating. Everything is really well detailed. But, the cars really aren't that well done. When you are in traffic, you have cars, and when you look at them.. you just go... nahh. It looks like GTASA. Other than that, everything else looks really good. Very detailed, and therefore it deserves the score of a nine out of 10. 9/10

Story - 8,5/10

The story is simple. And well, not really fun to follow along. You are just playing for the tricks and wicked graphics basically. But it goes like this. You are skateboarding, doing tricks and everything. Then you jump off the street, and boom. You get hit by a bus. Now, you need a total make-over. And this is where you come in. You remake your skater. How you want him to look like. So you do that, and then.. boom. You start off. Your mission? Become pro. That is your story, not a pretty well done story, but points for it being original. The story gets a eight in a half out of 10. 8,5/10

Gameplay 9,5/10

The gameplay is really fun. And when I say really fun, I mean it. You are basically riding around this huge city of San Vanelona. With Skate, you pull off moves with the right analog stick and shoulder buttons on the control pad. To execute a kickflip, you hold the analog stick downward, flick it up and perform the move. In Skate, it is much more harder to execute a move. It takes alot of skill. And unlike Tony Hawk. Skate depends on you becoming better, not when you are adding points like in THPG. Skate feels much more realistic, complete with painful bails, real-time speed build-up, precise foot movements and most importantly, a proper balance of speed. No grinds down the rail at fifty miles per hour here. And the last thing I want to talk about is the controls. The controls are poorly thought out. So hard to execute. For example, in a 'Pro Challenge' called P-Rod's Tech to Hubba, you need to execute the move called a 'Nollie 360 Flip'. IT IS UNBELIVABELY HARD TO EXECUTE IT PERFECTLY. I spent hours just trying to complete this challenge because of it's control. Because, A) You'll be doing Nollie Pop Shuvit, Nollie 360 Pop Shuvit. B) You'll be doing the Nollie KickFlip or Heelflip. It is so hard. However, everything else is perfectly executed. That is why Skate gets a nine in a half out of 10. 9,5/10

Overall - 9/10

Skate is really fun. It is great to play. And it will give you hours and hours of fun. The graphics are nice, and the city looks beautiful. The controls however, aren't reall that good. And it is why it loses a point. Skate gets a 9/10.
    Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!
    YouTube - MrGamertip's Channel

wow sounds really cool
    but i have a wii hope there is a review of SSBB when it comes out

Glad you like it. I love Skate, it is one of my most favorite games I have ever played in a while.
    Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!

good review i did hear of skate in the past then completely forgot about it until the other thread with the SvR thing but good to see the review up

keep it up!
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thanks. Trying to go 2 reviews a week, but since I got school-work and all. Sort-of hard.. as you can see.

But, I do my best.

The demo was decent, I might but it at bargain bin prices.

I heard the demo was made to be very easy. The real game is really hard.

yeah i saw some of the game play and the game looks HoT HoT HoT lol, i am not a huge fan of skate games but this was great lol, i only got to play the demo for a bit and it wa sfun while it lasted
    i sign here

I've heard good things about this...
    gonna download the demo on my 360 then make up my mind.

To bad the game is really glitchy. I mean I was trying the rob and big challeng and all of a sudden my screen starts flashing and I start to float up.

Thread Information