Thumbs Up Counter-Strike: 1.6

Counter-Strike 1.6 isn’t the newest game out. It is fairly old. It came out nearly 5 years ago in September of 2003. It was the best game out. I know because I was there anticipating its release. It has filled the lives of millions of people with fun and joy and pure competition.

Counter-Strike has grown from being Beta in March of 1999 to the complete version of 1.6 in 2003. Since then it has gotten very popular. Even with the coming out of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, CS 1.6 has claimed one of the highest played games on the internet for years beating out even the newest CS version. But all that started to change after their newest CS: Source came out.

Objective of the game differs based on the map. If you are on a DE map which stands for Demolition Extraction, two teams consisting of either Terrorists or Counter-Terrorists face on to eliminate all members of the opposing team. Here the Terrorists has the option to plant the bomb at a bomb site and wait for it to explode forcing a form of Demolition Win. They don’t even have to kill all their opponents. But if the bomb is planted, the Counter Terrorists may then diffuse the bomb and win by Diffuse whether the other team lives or not. This is my second favorite type of map.

Below is a screenshot of actual game play in the map called De_Dust2.

Other maps include CS Maps which is where the Counter Terrorists enter a certain building and rescue hostages taken by the Terrorists. Rescue them all and the CTs win by means of rescue. The terrorists job is to keep the Hostages in place and use them as form of a bait to kill out the CTs.

Below is a screenshot of actual game play in the map called CS_Italy

Other Maps Include FY or Fight Yard maps, generally called Fun Yard maps. Also AIM maps which is generally much smaller than your regular De and Cs maps. Of course there are other maps such as those made especially for Gun Game but those are basically like these FY maps which is extremely fun to play with the gun game mod.

Here is a picture of an FY map called FY_Snow, one of my favorites.

For those that don’t know what the gun game modification is. It is a mod you can install on a CS server and people kill the opponent. You will re-spawn so it is like a general Death Match game. And as you kill, you level up and get stronger guns to shoot with. The final weapon is usually the knife and you can end the game if you are the first to get to the last level and knife someone. These rules differ from server to server that has gun game enabled so it may not be the Knife. I am just reporting from my past experiences.

And for all these maps minus the Gun Game maps, the general start up weapon for all players is the Knife. For the terrorists they generally get the Glock and the Counter Terrorists will get the USP. And with every kill you make you get a set amount of money and you can use this to go back to your spawn point and buy more weapons such as a rifle, flashbangs, HE grenades, smoke grenades, and a Kevlar vest and helmet to protect you.

Counter-Strike 1.6 has brought a lot of fun into my life the past few years. I have the other two major CS games as well but CS1.6 offers more reality in its game play. The recoil is similar to those of a real gun. The way you knife and walk is similar to those of military movements. And even though the amount of players are decreasing for this game, this will still be a game I play for years to come because I have just too many friends that still play the game.

For the Game Play of this game, It deserves a Good 9 out of a 10. I have had a lot of hours of play of this game the past years and the game play is certainly more fun than most other games I’ve played.

The graphics is a little hard. If I were to rate the graphics back when it was in beta in 1999, it would definitely get a full score of 10. But now compared to games like Call of Duty, Crysis, and even its counter part CS: Source, it can’t even compare. The graphics will probably be a 4/10 for today’s time.

So to sum up the ratings:

Game Play: 9/10

Graphics: 4/10

So the Overall comes out to: 7/10

Still a good score for a game that has had a near 9 year history in some of our lives from its beta to its finished product called Counter-Strike 1.6

And stay tuned for Gamers Forum’s own Counter Strike 1.6 servers. Due to some technical difficulties with the server at home, I haven’t been able to fully set it up. And you can expect the Counter-Strike: Source server to be up as well.

If you want old, classic, and a very fun FPS game, CS 1.6 will be right for you, but with the emergence of CS: Source, you may want to start that up since 1.6 isn’t looking to stay on here for ever.

Have fun Counter-Striking!

~LiNuX
    Last edited by LiNuX; 12-09-2009 at 09:14 PM.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Very nice LiNuXthanks for game school

UHHH UHHH UHHH UHHHHH!! I DONT THINK THAT PICTUTRE IS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE!!!! LINUX LINUX!!! lol... srsly get that **** out of there, i think youve been duped

ahhhhhh

Thanks...It wasn't linked from my accounts. It was external. Haven't visited the site since posting this thread.

Next time just PM Me please.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

sorry... D:

Thread Information