Thread: RPC Server

Default RPC Server

I dunno what happened, but one time I logged in everything was wrong. Something with the RPC Server? I can't use any messengers, can't auto update my time/date because of it etc. Anybody have this problem before?

Thanks,

Slacker

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

never had the problem but if it started recently, restore your PC to an earlier point - something probably got installed improperly or installed when it shouldn't have been

did a search and this is what i came up with

go to control panel >> administrative tools >> click services >> then go down to Remote Procedure Call and make sure its started, if its not just double click and start
    Last edited by LiNuX; 02-24-2008 at 07:33 PM.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Yeah thats the first thing I did, was do a restore, with nothing. Tried what you said, and it's on. Thanks for the help, I will just keep looking into it :P

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Yeah thats the first thing I did, was do a restore, with nothing. Tried what you said, and it's on. Thanks for the help, I will just keep looking into it :P
    no problem, just let us know if it did work - if it didn't i'll see what else i can find
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

Well can't find a fix myself. It's not a big problem, just a little annoying as I have to use messenger from my fone or via webmessenger..

hm...

i'll see if i can find anything else on this which i highly doubt, found the same type of response in many other places

Yeah, many recommend reinstalling xp, which I dont have the disk.. I dunno its not a huge problem and im gunna build a new comp in the future, so this little problem isn't a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Yeah, many recommend reinstalling xp, which I dont have the disk.. I dunno its not a huge problem and im gunna build a new comp in the future, so this little problem isn't a big deal
    cool i built my pc last friday

and about the xp cd, see if you know someone that has it or something but it'll be a big waste of time because everything is reset and undone - unless you have a lot of programs installed like it, it shouldn't be much of a problem

good luck with it

Thread Information