Default Review:: Gameboy Advance

The Game Boy Advance (often shortened to GBA) is a 32-bit handheld video game console developed, manufactured and marketed by Nintendo. It is the successor to the Gaameboy Color. It was released in Japan on March 21st 2001; in North America on June 11th 2001; in Australia on June 22nd 2001, in Europe on June 22nd 2001; and in the People's Republic of China on June 8, 2004 (excluding Hong Kong).
    In 1996, magazines including issues 53 and 54 of Total! and the July 1996 issue of Game Informer featured reports of a new Game Boy, codenamed Project Atlantis. Although the expected release date of "early 1997" would make this machine seem to be the Game Boy Color, it was described as having "a 32-bit RISC processor" and "allowing similar to SNES standard games-playing to be played in the palm of your hand"—a description that more closely matches the Game Boy Advance.

The technical specifications of the original Game Boy Advance are, as provided by Nintendo:

Size: Approximately 3.2 inches (81 mm) x 5.69 inches (145 mm) x 0.97 inches (25 mm).

Weight: Approximately 140 grams (5 ounces).

Screen: 2.9 inches reflective thin-film transistor (TFT) color LCD.

Power: 2 AA batteries.

Battery life: The average battery life is approximately 15 hours while playing Game Boy Advance games (also dependent on the Game Pak being played and the volume setting).

In early 2003, Nintendo upgraded the Game Boy Advance giving it an internal front-light that can be turned on or off, a rechargeable lithium ion battery, as well as a folding case approximately half the original size. It was designed to address some common complaints with the original Game Boy Advance which was criticized for being very uncomfortable. The Game Boy Advance SP also came with a new and much brighter LCD screen for improved playability.
    Around the same time as the release of the GameBoy Micro, Nintendo released a new backlit version of the SP in North America (commonly referred to as the "GBA SP+"). The switch that controls the light now toggles between "normal" (which itself is already brighter than the original Gameboy Advance Sp's screen), and "bright," an intense brightness level similar to an LCD television set.

In September 2005, Nintendo released a second redesign of the Game Boy Advance. This model, dubbed the Game Boy Micro, is similar in style to the original Game Boy Advance's horizontal orientation, but is much smaller and sleeker. The Game Boy Micro also allows the user an ability to switch between several colored faceplates to allow customization, a feature which Nintendo advertised heavily around the Game Boy Micro's launch. Nintendo also hoped that this "fashion" feature will help target audiences outside of typical video game players, much like its new Wii. Unlike the previous Game Boy Advance models, Game Boy Micro is unable to support Gameboy and Gameboy Color titles.

Graphics Rating: 8/10
    Game Play: 9/10
    Overall : 8.5/10

Hi! I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaak.

i had the old gameboy advance when it came out, no lights - the picture there is for GBA SP - never went that far into gaming with the game boy lol - by then game like pokemon and megaman were worn out for me

another great review keep it up!!
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Thanks. Trying to find something else to review.

Hi! I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaak.

yeah your reviews are pretty good - sounds very professional with a great tone in it but with minor spelling errors from time to time lol

Gaameboy Color

thats an example from your second line at the end of your second sentence
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

one of the best gaming console eva beside something like nds.

no offense and I'm serious here, I really don't want to be the elephant in the room but this isn't a review, it's novelizing the manual for the GB advance and then adding a point system at the end with no citations or references.

Great Review Love to see more

Quote Originally Posted by xXwfcXdevilXx View Post
    Great Review Love to see more
    Epic bump is epic, haha

Nice review
    Not to complicated or hard to understand
    Cool lol
    Signed: Silis

"What doesn't kill you, simply makes you much stranger" ...

Thread Information