Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 97.06%
  • No

1 2.94%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Chess

I used to be pretty good at chess. I would be interested in playing friendly games with people I know from the forum.

What I used to really excel at was speed chess, the faster you where forced to play the better I was, I'm really good at fast choices only looking two or three moves ahead rather then games where people take ten minutes to move.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

I used to play a lot, back in elementary school..

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

i love to play chess it is super fun

so I tried that chess program online. For some reason its harder then having an actual board to play on. I just dont view the moves the same way and its like writing with my offhand lol. Internet chess players are all really challenging as well. I only got one person to fall for the german blitz out of like, 7.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

If you mean the site i told you about, then that's normal at first because every player starts with a rating of 1500, so it's normal for anyone to lose at first until he reaches his real rating. BTW, ChessCube uses the Elo format to determine rank changes after rated matches, which is the format used officially by the FIDE (The International Federation of Chess).

I have played Chess. I'm okay at it. I'll never be a master.

only one can claim best facebook status
    Last edited by Mine; 04-20-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Because you bumped this thread, Mine, my roommate and I just played a game of chess together. It was something that we'd mentioned we should do in passing only a handful of days earlier but this thread brought it to the forefront of my mind and I mentioned the game to him again on a whim.

I lost; but it was a good match XD
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

I love how only one person has never played this game. Who is it?

Playing chess is really fun I last time played it on Windows Vista and I must say when you put the difficulty level on max the computer really takes forever to play the game lol. I am sure that I can go make me a lovely cup of coffee and come back and then it maybe finish his turn or very close to finish.But yeah I really enjoyed playing chess I am not like very good my dad lol he took be to school in that game he beat me like nothing lol I was like a puppet there against him

Syracuse, NY (but always California in my heart <3)

Quote Originally Posted by Diligence109 View Post
    Because you bumped this thread, Mine, my roommate and I just played a game of chess together. It was something that we'd mentioned we should do in passing only a handful of days earlier but this thread brought it to the forefront of my mind and I mentioned the game to him again on a whim.

I lost; but it was a good match XD
    STOP MISUSING SEMI-COLONS D: DILI STOP D:

also, yes, they did play a very close match.

Chess is fun and all, but I'm not very good at it... I had a boyfriend that was really good and so I would never play because there was no point XD

Have you guys ever played Xiangqi (basically Chinese chess)? The same ex-boyfriend had me play that, before, and it's pretty cool. I'm still bad at it. But yes.

^ Sig by Foofle ^

Thread Information