Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jakncoke View Post
    lol, 2015.. that'd be insane if they all chose they. 10 for 360 and 9 for the other 2.. lol not happening, I think nearly every gamer would start getting annoying by the 7th or 8th year.

Well I did read somewhere Sony want PS3 to have at least a 10 year life span so that would take PS3 to 2016/2017

Well I read somewhere that Sony are already thinking up ideas for the next one.... And they want all the games to be downloadable

No doubt PS4 is in development. But if all games did become downloadable where would that leave people who dont have the internet? Also it would bean end to shops like Game and Gamestation unless instead of buying discs you bought vouchers that you redeemed online to download the games.

If they switched over to download-only games i'd say "F*** you Sony!" and go to some other company.

I very much enjoy my physical media. VERY much.

I'm against the music industry's shift to digital media., I enjoy cd's for the cover art and stuff. Plus, my computers mess up too much to trust it. And I hate burned cds.

But microsoft also want to go the download route so that would probably just leave you with Nintendo.

To be honest though I an against just having downloadable games however I would prefer to have a choice to either buy a physical disc or download the game. Games will probably end up on memory sticks or USB drives anyway

Quote Originally Posted by RYPW View Post
    No doubt PS4 is in development. But if all games did become downloadable where would that leave people who dont have the internet? Also it would bean end to shops like Game and Gamestation unless instead of buying discs you bought vouchers that you redeemed online to download the games.
    My big problem with downloading games is that nobody in my family has a credit card so we couldn't get them
    I'm sure that you will still be able to buy them in stores... hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    My big problem with downloading games is that nobody in my family has a credit card so we couldn't get them
    I'm sure that you will still be able to buy them in stores... hopefully.
    Don't feel left out. Even though my parents have CC's, they wouldnt let me use them for gaming or nuthing like that, as they always think its unsafe..

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

With as fast as new components are developed for the PC gaming market, the processing power of the next-next-gen consoles will be more than doubled withen the next 5 years. I think withen 5-6 years of any given consoles release date, is about when there given company releases the idea of there new systems, and withen 18 months of that, a new system should be on store shelves. Me personally, my 360 will more than likely be the last console system I own for the next few generations. Until the makers of displays catch up to the consoles, I don't foresee the increased graphic prowess looking that much better on what will become the standard of 1080p HDTVs. But thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by RYPW View Post
    Well I did read somewhere Sony want PS3 to have at least a 10 year life span so that would take PS3 to 2016/2017

You misinterpreted what Sony meant then. PS3 will no doubt be around a long time but the PS4 will defiantly be released while PS3 is still on the market, just like when the PS2 was released when PS1 was still on the market. Sony is defiantly well known for long life spans for consoles.

PS1- Dec 3rd 1994 till March 23 2006.. production ended( although it was dead for some time)

Ps2- March 4 2000 till ???, the way it's going I dunno.. It may still be relevant console for 2 or 3 more years and then the die period will start.. hell we might see the PS2/3/4 all on the market at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by jakncoke View Post
    You misinterpreted what Sony meant then. PS3 will no doubt be around a long time but the PS4 will defiantly be released while PS3 is still on the market, just like when the PS2 was released when PS1 was still on the market. Sony is defiantly well known for long life spans for consoles.

PS1- Dec 3rd 1994 till March 23 2006.. production ended( although it was dead for some time)

Ps2- March 4 2000 till ???, the way it's going I dunno.. It may still be relevant console for 2 or 3 more years and then the die period will start.. hell we might see the PS2/3/4 all on the market at the same time.
    I hope the buying/selling of PS2 games never stops. It's the console everyone buys for. If I went to gamestop and couldn't get ps2 games anymore...well i just wouldn't buy from gamestop anymore.

Thread Information