Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by GF Eric View Post
    3 reasons, Graphic, Games, and Price. I was playing GRAW 2 at Target today and the graphics are nothing compared to the 360 version. There are not that many games for it so Sony is signing on with Games that were released for the 360, examples Lost Planet and GRAW 2 and both games have suckish graphics. Finally price, it is way to much for the system with barely any games and suckish graphics. Secondly Sony is mimicking Microsoft. Live was out way before Online for the Playstation 2 which you needed to by the slim PS2 or the unit for the back of the Fat PS2. Also Microsoft comes out with HD DVD player and what does Sony do, Blue-suckish-Ray. Finally Microsoft comes up with the idea of using Vista to operate with the 360, so Sony comes up with the whole lets just allow our PS3 to to be able to operate with the PSP and the Playstation Store. In in closing, this kind of stuff is whats getting me pissed off. If you don't have a original idea don't try and copy off of another group cause all you get is bad graphics, low sales, and a hate for 20 years. I'm done.
    like said before, the developers decided to put the games on PS3, NOT sony taking them. And think about it....PC had online gaming WAY before xbox and PS2, so they're imitating computers. Also, I hate when people say next gen graphics suck. There are almost no recent games with bad graphics. Some aren't as good as others, but just compare it to a ps2 game. Crappy PS3 and 360 graphics look like good xbox graphics.

and, blu ray is WAY better than HD DVD. Sure, HD DVD is easier to make. But blu ray could hold more, so it was easier to put uncompressed video and audio on the discs, making it sound and look better. Transformers on HD didn't have uncompressed audio.

and, almost every studio backed blu ray. Why would a studio back something that sucked?

Also, i'm pretty sure sony was planning on Blu Ray on the PS3 BEFORE microsoft released the HD attachment for the 360. And based on what i've read, most people say the HD attachment SUCKS.

*sigh* I have to agree with jakncoke about you eric.

HD DVD is dead anyway. Toshiba have scrapped it. Game and Gamestation wont let you trade a 360 HD DVD player now cos they have no resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by RYPW View Post
    HD DVD is dead anyway. Toshiba have scrapped it. Game and Gamestation wont let you trade a 360 HD DVD player now cos they have no resale value.
    Sucks to be owners of them haha

But yeah i'm glad HD DVD is gone. Now I can buy blu ray without worry.

You still should be mildly concerned. Blu-Ray still has a long ways to go, weekly dvd sales pwn the hell out of the Blu-Ray that sold the most, there defiantly still a chance and rather large one that Blu-Ray becomes nothing but a niche and ppl choose upscaling dvd players instead

I'm not too concerned about blu-ray yet cos normal DVD still kick ass cheap and PS3 upscales them (not sure if 360 does) so even if blu-ray fails aswell we still got DVD to fall back on

Quote Originally Posted by jakncoke View Post
    You still should be mildly concerned. Blu-Ray still has a long ways to go, weekly dvd sales pwn the hell out of the Blu-Ray that sold the most, there defiantly still a chance and rather large one that Blu-Ray becomes nothing but a niche and ppl choose upscaling dvd players instead
    But..blu ray is the PWNZORZ and upscaling isn't...

Seriously. Upscaling cleans up the static and stuff, but it makes it look choppier I think. Blu Ray gets rid of that choppiness and the staticyness alltogether.

More people need blu ray.

Blu-Ray FTW! Speaking of the 360 HD DVD player, there are rumors that Microsoft will be releasing a Blu-ray device for the 360. I heard it from G4TV a few weeks ago.

shorty after that Microsoft squashed those rumors. so much for them being all about choice, I'm sure many 360 owners would be willing to buy a Blu-Ray add-on if it was reasonably priced

Just one more reason for me to stick to PC gaming. Microsoft sells empty hopes and dreams to poor underage orphans.

I agree with Raw people have different opinions. I prefer the 360 but yet I havent really played any playstation product what so ever so I cant really say that the 360 is the best console ever.

Thread Information