Default Rockband heading to the Wii

Wii Will Rock You!

MTV Games, Harmonix and EA Announce Rock Band for Wii on June 22, 2008

The number one selling game in February 2008 is coming to Wii!

Harmonix, the leading developer of music-based games, and MTV Games, a division of MTV Networks, which is a division of Viacom, along with distribution partner Electronic Arts, Inc., today announced plans to release the award-winning music video game Rock Band on the Wii home video game system from Nintendo in the U.S. and Canada on June 22, 2008 for the suggested retail price of $169.99.

Rock Band for Wii will be released as a Special Edition bundle including the software, drums, microphone and a wireless guitar. Stand alone instruments will also be available on June 22nd for people who want to build their band one instrument at a time or want to play the drum versus drum game mode. The game will feature 63 songs including five bonus songs for Wii gamers to enjoy.

"The Wii's success among casual and core gamers of all ages makes it an ideal match for the cross-generational appeal of the music featured in Rock Band," says Bob Picunko, Vice President of Electronic Games and Interactive Products, MTV

"The social interaction and addictive nature of the Rock Band experience is a perfect fit for the Wii and will undoubtedly be fun for the entire family," says Steve Singer, licensing VP from Nintendo.
    It was only a matter of time that the Wii got it.

I plan to buy it for wii......I didn't want it for ps2 because it's nothing like RB forps3/xbox. I hope wii's is like 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    I plan to buy it for wii......I didn't want it for ps2 because it's nothing like RB forps3/xbox. I hope wii's is like 360.
    they have rockband for PS2? i didn't even know lol - heh...the last ps2 game i bought was GH3 and before that was DBZ Budokai 3 back in 2005 lol
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Grrreeeeat. One of the reasons I was glad I stuck with my 360 just got flipped over to the dark side of gaming. Well... looks like I'm getting a Wii after I get out of Iraq later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
    Grrreeeeat. One of the reasons I was glad I stuck with my 360 just got flipped over to the dark side of gaming. Well... looks like I'm getting a Wii after I get out of Iraq later this year.
    why? there's no custom characters and no downloadable content on the Wii version...get it for 360 they're the same price

Thread Information