Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Steering Wheel Controller

anybody here have the steering wheel controller for their racing games? i used one before, it was ok, well felt more like i was in the game, got some good driving practice lol. but i played some old playstation 1 game, forgot the name. never used for my ps2.

do you think its a good controller to have for racing games? or should we stick to the good old hand controllers?
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Default Re: Steering Wheel Controller

Oh, I love steering wheels! Of course, I think they're better, get you into the game more. Makes it more realistic. I have to get one for my computer now, that I got NFS.

DEFINITELY!

I've used it before with the gas and break pedals before too!!! i LOVE those things! makes it SO much more realistic!

lol cool, i wanna get the steering wheel too, just with a car around it lol, but with games, to answer my last question, i'd rather have a controller since i can do more with just my hands lol
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

if you have a good place to put it, its an excellent controller, i've used it for gran turismo, great, dont step on pedals too fast lol, gonna break it :P
    i sign here

Yeah I played it at my local PC Game shop, unfortunately it takes a long time to get used to. I suck using the steering wheel.
    Don't you guys think it's harder?
    I think directional keys work better for me!

If you buy a wheel it's worth investing in one that works well and provides everything you want, alot from Logitech are good. if you want the sort of Formula one feel the Logitech momo is a good choice as you have to have both hands on wheel and there's little paddles for changing gear and only the 2 pedals, gas and brake, if you want a proper driving one you're looking at about $200 for a Logitech G25, it's really worth considering buying one of these if you are enthusiastic about driving games, it provides all three pedals, Brakes Clutch and Gas, a 6 speed + Reverse H gear pattern full manual box, an 11inch hand stitched momo replica wheel also has paddles if you want to use semi automatic paddle shift. the pedals are stainless steel so it can easily withstand any force you can exert on it which trust me is useful, i was playing NFS Carbon and my brake pedal snapped. there's 3 buttons on the gear box i think you can independently set them, using one for ignition is always good. it costs a lot of money but for anyone whose serious about racing/driving simulators/games it's pretty much worth the money.

ouch break pedal breaking, there goes your life i dont have time to waste my stuff on game stuff these days, not this summer at least lol

Well you'll be learning how to drive soon so probably no point anyway :P

Thumbs Down steering wheel

I prefer a steering wheel more than a controller.. but hey thats just my opinion coz i got a G25.. never really used a controller on a racing game before..

Thread Information