Threaded View

Default Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Need For Speed: Most Wanted, is quite the racing game. Out of them all, I think it is the best, the funnest, and all the good things you can say about a racing game. Need For Speed is a racing game, incase somebody has been living under a rock for the past couple of years. Anyway, onto the review.

Gameplay: 8/10

First of all, let me start out by saying that it gets repetetive. I'm sure you've all seen this word, and it's not really something you want to hear about the game, but I have to tell you the truth don't I? Yes, it is repetetive. You'll be doing the same thing over and over again. And what you will be doing is racing 4-5 or more races and unlock the boss and then race him and WIN, to move onto the next boss. Also, since I've started talking about bosses, there are 15 or 16, I don't necessarily remember, but that is how much of them are there. Everytime you beat a boss, you move up in what is called the "Blacklist." This is a list for the most notorious "bad ass" racers that the cops want oh-so-badly. So everytime you move on, be prepared to face a boss with more speed, strength, and a sick tuned up car. Alright, now let's get to one important part I want to mention. Not always do you have to win a race to get that much closer to the boss. Sometimes you need to do a time race, a toolbooth race, which is you racing until a certain point in the track with a certain amount of time and getting a +10 second bonus or +5, etc. This doesn't end until you get to the end. Next, say you completed the mini-events the boss has set up for you. And you still can't go and face him. The reason is because you don't have enough milestones completed or enough Bounty. Milestones are the achievements you get that the boss kindly sets you up with. He basically gives you a race were you have to out-run the cops, or win a race, and you get a milestone. Now bounty, is the money in the game. You also get this by winning races. But the best way to win one is by going to free-roam and getting the cops attention. Then race around a bit, smash the cops car, and lose them. If you don't say good-bye to that Bounty and some of your Bounty. Here is a picture that you can see where Bounty and Milestones are, look at the top-right.

Now why did I give it a 8/10 if it's pretty fun? Free-roaming in a huge city, smashing cops cars and getting bounty, beating bosses and a cool blacklist. Well, like I said before, it gets repetetive, and to soon. And it gets to the point where you don't want to play it anymore. Also, the achievements aren't hard at all in the Xbox-360 version. Beat all the bosses, wow.. Well, that is it, and I hope that you can see why I gave the gameplay an 8/10.

^^An example of the gameplay, another drag race. But this one I think is who can get the most Feet. Which is pretty much a drag-race.

Graphics: 10/10

The graphics were pretty much the bomb in this game. First of all, you have a huge city to explore. And everywhere is pretty different. Also, the environment is destructable. How cool is that? Acting like a bad-ass and racing down down-town smashing through a gas station when the cops are chasing you and they get stuck? Well, everything is really well done in this game. The city is beautiful. You can really see the difference when you move from one part of the city, to the other. Next, the cars are really well done. They are very well done. The slightest detail, and even when you tune them, i:e - change the color, change the wheels, windows, the spoiler, etc, they still look good. Overall, I think the graphics were the best. I actually enjoyed just going on a ride through the city. There is one thing though I didn't like, but it wasn't that much to make a huge difference, it was that when I knocked down say a Speed Sign, the speed sign wouldn't completely smash and break at all, it would just stay the same and fly away. I mean, I was going 100MPH, and it didn't even break in half?! Anyway, the graphics are actually really good, so 10/10.

Here is another example:

*ANOTHER SECTION, WHICH IS GOING TO BE TITLED STORY, WILL BE COMING TOMORROW*

Enjoy one of the gameplay videos:

YouTube - Need For Speed Most Wanted-Blacklist #9 Race1-Earl-Speedtrap
    Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!
    YouTube - MrGamertip's Channel

Thread Information