Thread: WiiSports

Default WiiSports

Have we all forgotten that this is actually a game? I'm sure most of you have this, and most of you have forgotten. This is a really enjoyable set of mini-games, that you can play for hours. These mini-games are: Boxing, Bowling, Baseball, Tennis, and Golf. All of these games are fun and exciting, and personally, my favourites are Tennis, and Boxing. Today, you will here a little bit about each game.

Boxing: 8/10

The Boxing part of the game is very interesting, but very repetetive at the same time. The thing that is fun about this, is that the Wii remote responds when you throw a punch, when you raise your hands when you KOed the guy, when you move right to left, and... you get the picture. But there is one bad thing about this, sometimes, the remote thinks you are blocking instead of throwing a punch. And when the opponent hits you really hard, you sometimes freeze up leaving you standing there for some more punches. You can block, but I don't think blocking really works. And the guy just hits you from the side to get the punch. And when he hits you from the side, it's sometimes much more powerful then hitting straight into his body. However, if you manage to hit his face, nice job, because that always works. Okay, the people that you face in these games have a little HP bar so you know how many more punches you need to throw. This HP bar is a little circle that comes up when you hit the guy. It usually takes about 10-12 punches to get the guy. But that depends how good the guy is, if he is pretty good, he'll block and dodge, if not, consider yourself lucky. Overall, this gets repetetive, and when you throw a punch, sometimes the sensor bar thinks you're doing something else. Overall, this makes it pretty boring but fun at the same time. 8/10

Tennis: 9/10

The Tennis part of the game is pretty fun. And I think this is the funnest mini-game, but we all have different opinions. Anyway, how this game works is, you either serve, or receive. If you serve, you can choose if you want a weak one, or a strong one. I go for strong, because there are more chances of the guy being caught off-guard. But, if you go for a strong serve, you may have trouble hitting the ball yourself. Now, say you are receiving, all you need to do is swing your Wii remote like you're trying to hit some guy with a baseball bat. If the ball is going to the right, I use my right hand and swing to the right, if the left, I put my right hand near my left and swing with the "back" of my Wii remote. I'm used to doing this, but you don't really have to. Sometimes the opponent will try to lob (hit the ball with an open racket that makes it go high, enabling you to do a move called the 'Smash') the ball. What I do is jump up with my Wii remote, and hit it really hard. Making your character jump and hit it really hard. Overall, the Tennis game is really fun, but like most of the games, it gets repetetive. The funnest part about this is playing with 4 people. It's really fun because everything is unpredictable. Tennis gets a 9/10 from me because of it being so damn fun. But the only complaint I have, is sometimes when you swing to hard, you swing like 2-3 times in the game which causes you to miss the ball. This cost me about 2-3 games already. 9/10

Baseball: 7/10

Not a really fun part of the game. Because you only have two options, pitching and batting. I prefer pitching>batting simply because most of the time in batting the will throw really fast and you might swing to early, or to late. Pitching is just plain fun, because I throw the ball so hard, that it goes like over 90MPH. Anyway, I'm going to talk about batting first. Batting is basically you waiting for the ball to come, then you swing it and hit it. Hit it hard and you get a home run. If not, it may get you to first base, or a strike-out. Now pitching is really easy. Strike the guy out. Throw really hard, and that is pretty much it for pitching. You can't really "do" anything to ensure you get a strike-out.

Bowling: 6/10

Bowling is pretty much boring. All you got to do is set-up your guy by pressing right or left and then hold B down and swing it. Surprisingly, it's really hard to get a perfect game, and I have never gotten one, and my highest score is 160. Because I played it for the first time for the sake of this review. I really didn't find any technical issues with this, but I gave this a 6/10 for the fact that is really boring, and got no action whatsoever. However, it is still somewhat fun to play with a friend, family member, relative, etc. 6/10

Golf: 8/10

Golf is actually surprisingly pretty fun. In Golf, you have to measure your power, and be ready to hit a certain amount to get the ball in the hole. This can be very fun, and can be very dull. There is not a lot to be said on this, say I will skip to the end, I give the Golf an 8/10.

Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!
    YouTube - MrGamertip's Channel

I don't think I'd play much of the golf if I had a wii. I just dont like the sport I think its a bit boring but I'd love to try the others. I think they should release a wii sports 2 with other sports like snooker in it.

I'd definately buy that. But only if they include Wrestling or something. Would be cool.
    Come check out my YouTube channel, all about gaming tips and tricks and walkthroughs and even reviews!
    YouTube - MrGamertip's Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I don't think I'd play much of the golf if I had a wii. I just dont like the sport I think its a bit boring but I'd love to try the others. I think they should release a wii sports 2 with other sports like snooker in it.
    Cricket, Shuffleboard, Volleyball, swimming, wrestling, ect. haha.

but if you haven't noticed, all the games on Wii Sports you pretty much stay still for (tennis you go back and forth but thats it.)

Thread Information